• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hardwareman

1. Hardwareman

You guys got to see this.....hahaha!

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/cto/1080787511.html I think it looks pretty wierd but looks like someone spent some time doing it you know? Allen
  2. Hardwareman

4.56's installed

HIGHLY.....recommend 4.56's. Especially with 33" rubber. I drive my Ranger back and forth to work daily (M-F) averaging about 150-200 miles per day. I've been running this ratio for many years now on all of the SoCal freeways without any problems and still get 25-27 mpg all day. 405, 10, 60...
  3. Hardwareman

4.56's installed

Exactly! That's what I'm running with 31's! Glad to hear you're happy with them. I always recommend those gears because they've been so great for me too! Allen
  4. Hardwareman

SkyJacker coils are black now?

I just bought a new set of 6" SkyJacker coils for my Ranger online and they came in today. I opened the box expecting them to be red but they were black! Is this the new color they are or do you need to specify? Thanks Allen
  5. Hardwareman

Changed my bushings today. All I can say is.....WOW!

I changed out my axle pivot bushings and radius arm bushings today. I also changed out my front brake rotors and wheel bearings, installed new pads and spindle lock nut set. What a difference it made! I had a little play in my steering wheel......GONE! I felt every bump in the...
  6. Hardwareman

Need Help Asap! Going To Autozone After I Get An Answer!

I'm working on my Ranger today. Putting on new rotors, pads, wheel bearings, radius arm bushings, etc. When I removed the axle pivot bolts one of the axle pivot bushings was really chewed up! I ended up getting it off by pounding it out with a hammer. There's a metal sleeve inside and outside...
  7. Hardwareman

Question about my 8.8

I just recently bought an 8.8 axle for my Ranger and was wondering if someone could tell me if it's a 28 or 31 splined axle. I'm considering buying a traction device for it and this info would help.....lol Allen
  8. Hardwareman

Bad gear box?

I've been feeling every bump in the road for as long as I can remember in my Ranger and was told by shops even that my balljoints are ok. I've noticed a little play in the steering wheel as well so I finally got under it right now while I was changing my rear diff fluid and engine oil. I grabbed...
  9. Hardwareman

Pressure plate resurfacing

Are pressure plates kind of like brake rotors in like they can only be turned so many times? If so how many times can one be resurfaced? Thanks Allen
  10. Hardwareman

Did I get lucky?

I've been running my new swapped 8.8 axle that I installed this past Saturday and assumed there was gear oil in it. I've been running it for almost a week! I decided to check it right now and it was 3 quarts low! No noises or anything, I just decided to have a look because my buddy told me...
  11. Hardwareman

Look at what I picked up Saturday!

It's an 8.8 with a heavy duty MAC diff cover, 4.56 gears, and a posi. It's ready to be bolted into the Ranger! [/IMG] [/IMG] Allen
  12. Hardwareman

PCM has a ground right?

I was wondering if anyone knows where the PCM is grounded to? I've heard that the PCM has it's own ground. Is that right? I've pretty much replaced all of the ground wires on my Ranger, battery cables, alternator cable, starter, etc. It's a 95 with the 2.3 and has a manual tranny. Thanks in...
  13. Hardwareman

Are 2000 2.5 fuel injectors larger then 1995 2.3 fuel injectors?

Like the title says. I have'nt been able to find anything on this and was wondering if the fuel injectors out of the 2.5 (2000) would be larger then the fuel injectors in a 1995 2.3 Thanks Allen
  14. Hardwareman

Can I install gears without the tools?

I need a replacement rear axle because mine's bent up pretty good and I ended up finding a replacement out of a 97 4-banger for $125.00 I'm pretty sure the gearing in the donor does'nt have 4.56's like I do in my current axle. Can I just transfer over the gears with the shims and everything...
  15. Hardwareman

Found out my axle is bent...anyone have a cheap axle for sale around SoCAl?

I just found the root of my vibrating problem. My axle (rear) is bent pretty bad. The junkyards around here want around $200 for one if they even have one. I don't remember seeing one actually the last time I was there. Since I need a replacement I guess I'll look for an 8.8" too. I'll need to...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad