• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Hagan

1. Hagan

Brake booster upgrade?

My stock '86 brake booster has started leaking. Is there an upgraded booster I can install? I noticed that '86 was the last year of this booster then it's a different part number according to Rockauto. Not sure if the newer ~97 boosters are better and bolt on? Brakes felt fine before but now I'm...
  2. Hagan

Thinking about swapping to EFI?

So I'm thinking about ditching my carb for EFI. I'd really just like to go with a stock Ford setup as they seem petty reliable. I'd prefer to go to OBD II too. Would it be best to just go with an Explorer 5.0 setup as I'm already running the explorer FEAD? No idea where to go from here or...
  3. Hagan

Dana 44 swap 93 ranger *urgent*

Good luck
  4. Hagan

Starting my axle swap.

Ive never seen that article before. Thats pretty neat and cheap to do. Looking forward to seeing some progress
  5. Hagan

Need headgasket failure help!

I finished working on my gf's car this weekend because she over heated the living f%ck out of it and she wanted to "get home" so she kept driving it until it literally wouldn't run anymore. I'm extremely aggravated at this whole situation because she didn't even bother looking at the...
  6. Hagan

1/2 tons or 3/4 tons?

Without knowing we could guess all day
  7. Hagan

1/2 tons or 3/4 tons?

He did just say he rebuilt it though. Who knows he didn't say anything!:)
  8. Hagan

1/2 tons or 3/4 tons?

I see no reason to use a dana 60 (or even 44) on a na 2.3.
  9. Hagan

Hagan's '91 Ranger

I picked up this '91 Ranger on Saturday for $500. The previous owner said it had a bad clutch slave cylinder so I trailered it home. It has a 2.3 and 5spd. No options has manual steering. Seems to run ok. I replaced the slave cylinder this weekend and seems to work now. I am planning on a...
  10. Hagan

V8 Radiator recommendations?

I currently have the stock 91-94 Expo radiator in my Ranger with a 302. I've overheated it twice and I feel like it isn't doing its job. I am using the factory gauge which seems to work just fine. I am using a worthless pusher fan in front of the radiator. I admit my problems are most likely...
  11. Hagan

79 bronco Dana 44 radius arm mount

37.4" width from outside of frame rail to outside of frame rail. I believe the rbvs are about ~32"
  12. Hagan

79 bronco Dana 44 radius arm mount

Depends on how you go about this. If the radius arms are stock it will be wider than the rbv frame rails. You could extend your radius arms making them move closer in the longer they get. I had a '77 axle and I cut my wedges off and moved them in about 1.5" on each side.
  13. Hagan

Ford 9" pattern help!

Hey guys, I'm rebuilding my 9" for my '79 Bronco and I feel like I've hit a snag. I'm trying to setup the gears and I'm not sure if I'm happy where it's at. I'm using the thinnest shim I have on the pinion. The backlash is set at .008 and is all around the ring gear. I've checked it multiple...
  14. Hagan

Geocaching

I tried it once. My girlfriend made it sound fun and exciting to try. I figured what the hell right? I drove 3 miles from my house to look for something next to a river. I wore shirts. Didn't find anything but garbage so we gave up. Later on I started itching like crazy and realized I got poison...
  15. Hagan

Puff of blue smoke on WOT shift

I noticed today that when I shift at WOT I get a big puff of blue smoke out the exhaust. It's usually after I shift and when I go WOT again. Any ideas what could be causing it? I'm hoping it's something to do with the heads. But not sure how I can diagnose where it's coming from?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad