• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by GKM007

1. GKM007

Compression on 2.8

I have been leaking oil for some time out of many of my seals and decided today was the day to do a compression test. 1: 170 2: 165 3: 155 4: 165 5: 167 6: 165 Those number look decent all with 10% of each other which means my oil leakage should not be blowby? According to the Hayes book I...
  2. GKM007

Valve Seals

Going to do my valve seals this weekend on my 2.8. Was thinking of buy this tool. http://www.amazon.com/Lisle-19700-Valve-Holder/dp/B000COC7ZU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_263_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=315k%2Bdx1hQL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1T7KD5PDW9SR2FD6XGC9 I am sure someone knows the spark...
  3. GKM007

Hitch

Are the Ranger hitches the same ones that a BroncoII would use? I am curious since the gas tank is back there.
  4. GKM007

Vacuum

Finally got around to purchasing a vacuum gauge to tune my carb. I have just been tuning it from ear since doing my duraspark. I was surprised how close I got it by ear. It is a nice steady 16 with only a hair fluctuation up or down on the gauge. I cannot get it read any higher. Looking at...
  5. GKM007

What is this Wire?

Finally working on my wire cleanup since completing my duraspark. I am trying to figure out what this wire is for Best I can figure from the wiring diagram is a knock sensor? From the spot on the drivers side fender it goes to the block at almost the same level as the plug. Looks to be just...
  6. GKM007

84 Bronco II Choke

I have finally figured out why my choke has not been working. The grey wire that is suppose to supply power and heat up the choke heater is dead, no power. By the looks of it feeds down into the main harness and I lose it. Is there a place I can splice that wire in and get power? How much...
  7. GKM007

Junk yard score of the weekend!

I was out with a buddy this weekend looking for full size Bronco stuff did not even have any intention of looking for my list of parts. Saw a 86 ranger across the yard and figure what the heck, let see what its got for gears. Had 3.73 which I do not need, but it had some manual hubs. After...
  8. GKM007

Mpg

Okay now that my Duraspark is complete and working well, I have two questions? 1. What do I do with all the extra plugs that are left over in the engine bay? Do I just wire tie that together and let them hang or cut them and weather proof? 2. My MPG is not great. I did the math on the last...
  9. GKM007

Choke

My choke seems to be working on the butterfly part, but does not hold a high idle while cold? I am wondering, there is a vacuum that I have plugged off on the round part the wire plugs into on the passenger side of carb. The vacuum is on the firewall side of unit pointed toward the dizzy...
  10. GKM007

Vacuum Hoses

Working my way through a Duraspark Conversion and as long as my wire are correct just have my vacuum lines to connect. In my haste of pulling things out I did not mark them and I am wondering where my hoses go There is a few outlets on the carb, one on the manifold and the tree in the back...
  11. GKM007

What gears?

I have run through a few tire size/gear calculators online and seems to have a decent idea where to head, but wanted some advice to backup what the calculators are telling me. Durasparked 2.8 C5 current gears 3.45 Plan: 3 inch JD lift 31x10.50x15 tires The calculators tell me with my current...
  12. GKM007

Carb

So in the Duraspark conversions page it says that you can use a P/N 64-5242 from Autozone, but that part does not exist anymore. They also do not show a listing for a 1978 Mustang. Doing a search at Orielly's for a 1978 Mustang Carb it shows a Part # 2-920...
  13. GKM007

Fuel Filter

Curious about the fuel filter on a 2.8. Looks like it is a small one that screws into the carb. I would like to add an inline one like this... But it is a hard line that goes to the carb and have not tracked it yet to see when it goes soft. What kind of options do I have or what have you...
  14. GKM007

Bronco will not start

I've started my new Bronco about 5 times since I bought it on Saturday. Started it this afternoon washed it, then went to start it to move it, nothing. No click at all. Check battery its fine. Book said to unplug red with blue stripe from main relay and connect it to battery. Now it turns...
  15. GKM007

Need Advice

Okay guys throwing a question out there for advice. There is a 84 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Edition. I am looking at buying. They want $1500 Specs 2.8 V6 C5 Auto 7.5 open with 3.45 gears Miles unknown Looks really clean in the pictures, even the shot of the top of motor is clean, bottom could...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad