• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Gavinmalone5

1. How do you get off that fuel pump

Im strugging here. I got the bottom bolt pretty easily but I’m struggling on that top bolt. My 84 has a/c and power steering so it’s alot more stuff in the way. Do I really need to remove the power steering pump just to get to the top bolt on the pump or is there another way that I’m not...
  2. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

I really got to thinking about that ngl I haven’t had the time to check the lines fully the thing that’s annoying is that some of the lines are plastic and black plastic at that so it’s hard to look at all the lines and what pin holes are at
  3. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

I will do a mechanical fuel pump but hating the placement of where’s it’s at. The problem I’m having ordering parts is that sending unit on the 84’s can’t be found at all. I’ve seen forum post on here saying you can’t find the exact one anymore. I know you can get the 85 and up but 84 nope. Do...
  4. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

I got the fuel tank dropped and of course the whole tank is fully rusted inside. The sending unit is even falling apart when I took it out as it’s fully rusted also. I found one of the main problems but I got to testing that fuel pump on the truck and I do think it’s shot. I’m thinking of...
  5. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

Yep that’s was going to be my next move. I gotta take out that fuel pump though which is going to be fun. Thank you for your help
  6. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

Would it pump from a portable tank even though it’s bad because it pumps fine with a portable tank
  7. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

When I put a vacuum pump on the carburetor inlet gas comes out no problem it’s pulling perfectly from the tank. Today if I get time I’m going to drop the tank And see if anything is broken. There’s a filter on the carb and if I’m correct that’s it on the 2.8l rangers. It’s just weird to me I can...
  8. 1984 ranger 2.8l fuel not getting to carb

I have a very weird problem that I hope someone can help me with. I got a ranger that I’m fixing up with the 2.8l and it’s a 1984. It fires right up with starting fluid in the carb but nothing with the line so I took the line off and saw nothing was coming out. I checked the fuel pump and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad