• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fpearson

1. B2300 Driveshaft Removal

Tried a search around here, didn't yield exactly what I was looking for. Wondering if there is anything special about driveshaft removal on a ’97 B2300 5 spd 2wd. Last time I wanted to closely inspect u-joints, I removed all the 12 mm bolts from the flange on at the rear end of the driveshaft...
  2. Starter Solenoid?

Got to the gym yesterday morning, pulled the key out of the ignition on my '97 B2300 manual transmission and the engine kept running. I pulled the fuel pump relay and went to do my work-out. I came out and pop-started it, went to work. When I got home I parked the truck downhill on the street...
  3. Brake Light/Turn Signals

Hello, 97 B2300, 5 spd 2.3L Turn signals do not work, cannot hear the signal module clicking when I flip the selector switch. I also had a spare flasher (the blue relay under the dash) from my old ranger so I swapped the known good one in and no change. Checked number 21 and 22 fuses, they...
  4. Steering Box Bearing (pittman end)

I have a 96 ranger 4 cyl, 184k. It's been aligned and is within spec. When I grab the shaft between the steering wheel and input shaft into the box and turn it, I can see the spline going into the box rotate, but when I sight down the side of the box it looks like the pitman arm is "racking"...
  5. 96 2wd Reg Cab Rear Spring Brackets/Shackles

Hi all, In the process of replacing my right rear leaf spring mount and shackle. I'm a college student on a budget and originally I was going to replace just the bracket and reuse the shackle to get me through the winter. Upon further inspection, I realized it would be stupid to wait for the...
  6. '99 Lug Pattern To '96

I own a 96 2WD I-4 reg cab ranger and I am buying a set of tires and rims that came from a stock 99 ranger, don't know if it was 2WD or 4WD yet. Should I be concerned about lug pattern interchangeability?
  7. O2 Sensor Relocation

All, I recently purchased a 96 2.3L reg cab ranger. The downstream O2 sensor was broken such that the threaded portion is still in place with part of the internals. The 22mm hex are rounded off and I have not been able to remove it to replace the O2 sensor. Lately I have been thinking of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad