• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by fishon91

1. unknown vacuum line

2003 2.3 liter ranger i know ive got all sorts of vacuum problems so im just trying to find what i can and fix em one at a time. i found a line coming off the back of the intake manifold (between engine and firewall) capped off with a bolt. i have all sorts of codes being thrown, i can list em...
  2. Where does the tach get it's "signal" from?

i htink the sensor is located on the bottom side of the serpentine belt. it reads a magnet or something located in the belt. i may be wrong but that looks like what that sensor does.
  3. 2.3 woes

did you do the vacuum lines yourself? are you positive you put everything back right? have you ckecked the fuel lines? they may have a leak.
  4. 2002 Ranger Misfire

just low horsepower?
  5. valves are talkin back

well this is a junk yard engine that i've had for maybe 10k miles. the one from factory lasted about 80k miles. although this motor hasn't given me any problems, i don't like the fact that it threw a rod after only 80k miles.
  6. Gear/Tire change and wrong speedo read out.

i know you can get new ring & pinion gears in for different size tires, but i'm not sure if it's supposed to counteract ecu settings nut it will help with power.
  7. valves are talkin back

after cleaning out my washer fluid pump, i turned the motor on, and let it idle, and listened to it. it sounds like valves rattling. well, im positive it's valvetrain i hear, is it imperative to get this fixed right away, eventually or not worry about it? if it does need to be done, i've...
  8. fuel injector sizes

so you're trucks the 96 2.3L, but your '96 has a '01 2.5L in it... why wouldn't you put the injectors for the '01 motor in with it? i would expect it to be lean, maybe not much, but it will be lean. try and find a size up
  9. dipstick

weld it and bend back the base:icon_welder: or there should be a junk yard close by
  10. 2.5 Throttle Body

depending on how much bigger TB you go, you may need new fuel injectors.
  11. 2.3 ltr performance parts

anyone know someone online that sell perfromance parts, such as cams, valves, etc... online?? places like edelbrock or summit don't sell stuff for my size or year motor.
  12. need help

they might, you could measure everything.
  13. CB radio power

wasn't sure where to put this, but i had the power hooked directly onto the battery head, pos and neg. now the battery won't charge b/c of the buildup. i want to to tie it into the fuse box somehow, or whatever is the best way to fuse it. how do i do it? thanks
  14. shaky oil pressure

wow, that was fun. :annoyed: (not) got the oil changed didn't take off pan, because the sensor is on the fliter adapter. started to take off the whole adapter, but the wrench i had was too big and couldn't get the socket all the way on(time for a new socket set), so i just removed and cleaned...
  15. 2003 2.3 with low power

mine threw a rod a while back, bought a junk yard engine, had a couple buddies help put it in, and it runs fine now. ya it has it's problems every now and then, but it's not because of the motor. i mean it doesn't have all that much power, but it does what is expected on my truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad