• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by evol911

1. evol911

Wire Identification in the Fuel EVAP system

I have the a Blue Cover EVTM for 1984. I need the EVTM for a 1983 though.
  2. evol911

I'm giving up on trying to figuring out what this wire is. For some reason I had it my head that my truck was a '84, it's not, it's an '83. I was wondering why my truck had those extra "zone vacuum switches" when the EEC-IV manual said they were deleted for 1984 trucks. Well it's because I own...
  3. evol911

Thank you for the heads up on the EVTM! Ordered it and will report back what I find.
  4. evol911

Choke wire is original. I'm guessing the loom would be something to do with an A/C option. Not a single one of the wiring diagrams I have seen show the charcoal canister solenoids or wiring. My best guess is the large wire would have gone to the A/C clutch.
  5. evol911

The choke was hooked up and was working correctly. I have the choke with the stud on it where the wire hooks up which I believe is the correct style choke. I'll trace the wire that was hooked up to my choke and see if it was patched in sometime in the trucks life. Thanks for the reply!
  6. evol911

(I'm cross-posting this from the 2.8l forum with some added info hoping to get a little more traction here in the Help forums. Sorry if this isn't allowed. I'm not sure what else to do.) I'm trying to figure out an errant wire that was just laying across my engine. Background: 1984 Ranger...
  7. evol911

Wire Identification for EVAP system

Good morning gentlemen, I'm trying to figure out an errant wire that was just laying across my engine. Background: 1984 Ranger 2.8l manual transmission 4x4 all original equipment. I removed my carburetor for a rebuild and noticed a wire laying across the top front of my engine. The wire is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad