• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by echo

1. 2.8 and 2.9 parts

Can you use 2.8 exhaust manifolds on a 2.9?
  2. 2.9 and 2.8 parts swap

Can you use 2.8 exhaust manifolds on a 2.9?
  3. 2.9 to 4.0

Can anyone tell me if the 2.9 and 4.0 share the same bolt pattern for there transmissions. I'm considering putting a 99 automatic behind my 87 2.9l motor. Is it possible? Will I have electronic issues as well?
  4. E4OD trans issue. no 4th gear

I have a 91 F150 with a 302 and 4 speed auto. Overdrive seemed to simply stop working while cruising or under load. Only engages when going down hill.Everything else seems to work fine. Anyone know what would cause it to only fail under load? I know it's electronic so I'm hoping it's an easy...
  5. swapping the tail and transfer case on a 4 speed auto

I have a 2.9 with a dead 4 speed auto but a good manual transfer case. Is it possible to put my transfer case onto a 2wd 4 speed auto from a 4.0L ranger?
  6. Slide-in Camper on a 95 b4000?

I have an old 6' camper for my 88 ranger. It weighs 940 with water and propane tank. Truck has no issues with carting it around, I just can't be in any hurry.
  7. towing/hauling with a ranger. 4.0 or V8 5.0 conversion?

I have an 88 4x4 with a 2.9l. Looking to get more towing and hauling out of it. I was wondering if I should source out a newer 4.0 that drops right in if I'm correct or go the step higher and covert to a 302 V8? Is the conversion worth all the extra work?
  8. air bypass valve?

Curious about what the air bypass valve is suppose to do. I noticed that my 87 was idling rather high even after being warm. Just a blind guess I unplugged the bypass valve and the idle came right down. Of course the next morning it wouldn't start well without it plugged in. Are they suppose to...
  9. Gen 2 Fuel pump and tank into a Gen 1

I've got one of those 87 with the 2 fuel pump systems and the high pressure pump is gone. I was offered the pump and tank from a gen 2 truck that had been rolled over. Did some checking, my 87 pump runs at 90-100 psi. The gen 2 pump runs 89 psi. Since the 2 tank pumps are quite different is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad