• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dwsykes

1. 2010 2.3L Ranger

One of my friends wrecked his truck and he's looking to buy a 2010 2.3 ranger. It has 95,000 miles on it they want around $9000 for it. He asked me if the break was supposed to click really loud when you Press it. What I want to know is it normal to hear a loud click on pressing the break to...
  2. 2002 Fx4 Rear End Problems

Hi y'all, I recently, about 2 weeks ago, found a puddle of gear oil under my rear end. It appeared that the pinion seal had gone bad. Well I am at work and cannot really work on the truck that much and it's my DD! I took it to my dealer and they found that the rear universal had beat the...
  3. Aerostar 10 inch Drums on 98+ Rangers info needed

I have done several searches now and need a definitive answer. Well I was going to replace the rear drums on my 02 Ranger and was thinking about doing an upgrade to increase performance. I saw the Tech Library article about how the Aerostar had fins on the 10 inch to decrease fade and...
  4. I'm pissed with a Dealer

My clutch slave cylinder went out on my 2002 Fx4 the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I had to go back to East Carolina that Monday, so I decided to let Ford fix this truck. I took three days for them to get the parts, they used a kit, and when I had paid for the services ($779.00) I decided to...
  5. Rock auto discount code

Forgot I had this so use it while you can.:icon_twisted: RockAuto discount code 98032978071421 will expire on August 5, 2012 Enjoy.:icon_pepsi:
  6. INFO Membership Map

Done...where is everybody around my area?:icon_confused: and who wants to put in some tobacco? :icon_twisted: Y'all have fun!
  7. Window motor

Just thought I'd share my troubles. My window motor quit on me. Seeing that this problem was not going to solve itself I asked some questions here and decided to remove just the motor. I will have to wait for the replacement, due to evey shop around (NAPA, Advance Auto, Carquest, O'reilly...
  8. Grille Option

Thought like sharing. I saw it on TV and thought what a strange idea. A gen I grille incorporated on the latest gen.
  9. Where to find a Console Cover 01-03 Fx4?

Does anyone know where to find a console cover . . . the foam pad mounted on the center console. I have ordered a new brace from rockauto.com part# ARM100, but the damage goes beyond this. Evidently the previous owner really liked to lean. I have done some research to find the Ford part...
  10. Bed Alignment

I thought I'd share my latest OCD problem......Well for some time now I have been plagued by incorrect spacing between the cab and the bed along with the bed overall leaning to the passenger side. With auto shops and alignment shops telling me it was a warped chassis, I decided to try and fix...
  11. Need ScangaugeII info

A few quick questions if anyone has used a scanguageII, Are they trust worthy? How accurate are they? Where does it get the water temperature reading from? And does yours, if you have one, cut off on cold days randomly? I bought one a while back to check codes and monitor certain processes...
  12. 4.0L SOHC Coolant Temp

What is the correct coolant temperature for the 4.0L SOHC engine? I want to know what the original thermostat(s) temperature is/are. Another quick question: Will the scan gauge II's temperature gauge tell the truth? If it is my temperature runs at 165-170 degrees which sounds cool to me...
  13. Where to buy: Crate Engines?

Where is a reputable place to by new crate engines? My friend has a Chevy Aveo that needs an engine, its a 1.6L MFI DOHC 4 cyl. I have looked online and evidently I don't know what to search for. Thanks in advance.
  14. Where to find OBD II codes?

Where can I find a list of what the trouble codes mean for my truck? I have a scanner and it reads six codes P0171, P0174, P0000 X 4. I would love to have a printout of all the codes if possible. Thanks in advance.
  15. LED turn/brake what type?

I would like to know what kind of LEDs are the best for turn/brake/running lights for a 2002 Ranger. There are different types of designs and I don't have any experience with them. I am interested in completely changing my brake, turn, and side marker lights to LEDs. If you could I would like...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad