• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Dtotheevin

1. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Alright forgot to post a update. I ended up taking a old nut and screwed it up on the LCA shock mounts and hammered them all back into place. Ended up getting these guys and they work for stock suspension, and they fit like a glove. The ride is still a little stiff but that's what I expect with...
  2. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Gotcha. I figured a shock with a shock with a lift range of "1 - 3" that a 2in coil lift = a happy medium. But I digress I'm learning and obvious have a lot more to learn. I appreciate the input. Thank you.
  3. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Heard. Thanks for the input everyone. Fingers crossed a little bit more TLC and she'll not be so bouncy anymore. I appreciate the help.
  4. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

This is where we are at now.
  5. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Negative. Had the old ones chunked. About to get some Ranchos ordered. About to figure out the bolt situation. Seems like the top may be welded to the LCAs.
  6. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

That's full extension. The other side isn't busted up but definitely fraying out like it will eventually bust like the other side.
  7. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

I popped the bottom off and it fully extended. The shock description said for 1 - 3in lifts and the coil was a 2in. So smooth brain answer thought it would work with this.
  8. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

After a brief inspection this is what I found.
  9. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Heard. Thank you.
  10. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Understood. I'll have to reread a minute or two to grasp it but I appreciate your help. I did have intentions to place a heavier duty bumper that may apply some weight down.
  11. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

I had it done at a small shop in town and I am unaware if it was in the air or grounded. They do have a lift. I guess at home work around the tire and losen and snug down parts? If I need the tire off just jack the LCA up to simulate weight correct?
  12. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

I double checked the email order and wife confirmed the same number so they're the right coil. Is it possible a shock can be too long? The ones mounted are for 1 - 3in lifts and mine is in the middle 2in.
  13. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but isn't an 04 2wd front end an IFS set up? Again not any bright here.
  14. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

I'm going in for a 12hr shift now so I'll try undoing the bottom of the shock in the morning but as for pushing the front bumper there absolutely no give. She be stout. Edit: the shocks were new and hand compressible before applying.
  15. Rough Ride after 2in coil lift.

Hey everyone, I'm new to lifting/lowering vehicles. I have a 2004 Ranger 2wd w/ coil front end setup. I hit 200k miles and had a front end suspension rebuild and decided why not throw a lifted coil in there. I put a 2in lifted coil, Coil here, not from this website though. Then I had placed new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad