• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by dorough

1. Is it the Clutch Master, Line, Slave... or what?

I have a '93 Ranger 2.3 that my son drives. Last week his clutch went mushy, wouldn't shift, and I found that at some point the fender well wedged the clutch line up against the body and it wore through, creating a leak. So I had the line replaced by my mechanic. He said he thought he bled the...
  2. R-12 to R-234a Conversion

I bought a '93 Ranger recently and the fella who sold it to me said that the AC needs a charge. He said it had a bad O-ring which he replaced and then he checked the system and said it held a vacuum, but he didn't recharge it. I figure while I'm at this point I may as well convert it to...
  3. Charging or converting an R-12 system

I just bought a '93 2.3 Ranger. The AC system (so I'm told) holds pressure and the system just needs to be charged. It's the old R-12 system. Several (probably semi-stupid) questions: Is it still possible to get a charge with the old R-12? If so, how much $$? Or do I have the option of...
  4. Code 332 in 1993 Ranger 2.3

Just bought a used '93 2.3 Ranger for my son and it's been giving me code 332 - EGR insufficient flow. I personally have a '94 2.3 Ranger and can clearly see the differences in the two when it comes to the EGR. The '93 doesn't have the control module mounted on the firewall. It just has the...
  5. How to spot a leak

I have another post running in this group - trying to figure out if I have a leak or not. I thought while I'm going at this, that I'd ask everyone..... What are the various ways to find a leak in the AC system? Is any one method better than the others? What do you look/listen/feel for? Just...
  6. 94 Ranger - Do I have an AC leak or what??

My AC was fine until a week or so ago. Not much air was coming out, and the air I was getting was not nearly as cold as it used to be. I figured I was low on coolant since I could hear the compressor clutch clicking in every 5 seconds or so. So I gave it a R-134a coolant charge and...
  7. Need: '94 Ranger Driver Side Seat Belt Buckle

I just posted this... If you know where I can get this, please let me know. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77388
  8. Need: '94 Ranger Driver Side Seat Belt Buckle

I just posted this... if you know where I can get this, please let me know. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77388
  9. Compression problem?

My '94 2.3 Ranger evidently has a compression issue - which has been going on for years now without much of a change. I can't park on an incline because the truck will gradually slip downhill... one piston stoke at a time. The truck runs fine and even accelerates fairly well. I haven't done a...
  10. Power Steering Pump Leak

I have a 1994 2.3 Ranger that has developed a leak at the power steering pump. The picture below is the rear of the pump. The fluid leak is coming from where the large nut screws into the unit (the upper blue-plugged nut.) The nut is metal, the unit is plastic. I'm not sure if there's a...
  11. Mushy steering - Adjust the bolt on the box?

I have a 94 2.3 Ranger. Over the past few years, the steering has become mushy - for lack of a better word. I haven't gotten under the truck to check for linkage issues yet, so I don't know if my problem could easily be something like worn tie rod ends. I have been told, however, that I might...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad