• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by deezkits

1. deezkits

Possible to fry the PCM/ECU by using multimeter to diagnose DPFE sensor?

Oh right on, then I’m just going to order one. I read something quickly on another forum, but maybe that was for an older gen ranger. And he started it via jumping the starter relay, I’m guessing. He said he replaced the bad injector, and bypass started it again (with the old ECU still...
  2. deezkits

yes, keys would be important. Good point. Now I’m confused on how to deal with the anti-theft. Is it either get the new ECU with programmed keys and have the dealer flash the ecu for my PATS or can I buy a matching junkyard ECU with immobilizer, ignition and PATS module (please tell me if I’m...
  3. deezkits

Any recommended manufacturers for ECUs with warranties?
  4. deezkits

Little bit of an update: Apparently something is wrong with ECU/PCM as it was making one of the injectors malfunction. Bunch of fuel in the oil pan and the engine was temporarily hydrolocked from the fuel in the bad cylinder. Mechanic swapped out with a different ECU and apparently the truck...
  5. deezkits

I’ll check it out when I get chance during my shift, but I’m running out of time and was planning to get it towed at the end of the day tomorrow. Can’t have the truck down and parked in the same spot at work for a week. And even with the fuel issue, I still need to figure out what’s going...
  6. deezkits

You think it’s possible trying to pop/roll start the truck could have jumped the timing? Because it obviously didn’t work in order to start it up and when my buddy attempted to do so, the truck clearly didn’t appreciate it. Can’t remember if I mentioned this, but I all of a sudden was a having...
  7. deezkits

PATS system seems to behaving normally. I was just throwing it out/thinking out loud lol. So then it seems the engine should’ve started up to idle. I’m not sure how to accurately describe what happened. The engine started to crank over and then just immediately stopped, even though I still had...
  8. deezkits

Alright, bypassing the relay worked so it’s either the neutral safety switch or maybe the immobilized or the ignition. The engine started to turn over and sounded like it was about start up but within a split second would stop. Like something mechanical was stopping it. Tried bypassing it a...
  9. deezkits

Yeah I don’t have a fender mounted relay. Messed up thing is, this new starter motor I got, the activation terminal is on the opposite side of the two main power terminals. It’s closer to the transmission/engine casings, so I can’t really reach it to jump power. China made garbage. At this point...
  10. deezkits

So I need to take apart my ignition or get access to that control wire and then test for continuity maybe? Or maybe a test light although that S terminal is hard to reach. Cause I should hear the pinion gear rod clicking into place then, which I don’t when I put key into START. OR I try...
  11. deezkits

That’s what I figured.. looks like I’m gonna have to get it towed to the shop, I can’t keep the truck at work any longer and need use of the bed ASAP. but how does the solenoid push the pinion gear forward without power going through control wire? Since I’m bypassing solenoid completely.
  12. deezkits

Just tried bypassing the new starter solenoid. Still won’t start. The starter spins up, but it must not be moving the pinion gear forward. Do I need to have a second person putting the key past ON as if trying to start the truck while I bypass the solenoid?
  13. deezkits

I tried jump bypassing the old starter, didn’t get a chance try it with the new one. However, on the old one, the starter did turn over, yet no start on the truck.
  14. deezkits

I do. I double checked the voltage drop to the new starter again to be sure. Maybe it’s the solenoid control wire? I imagine that goes to the ignition somewhere. I went through my fuses and did find this odd - the 7.5amp clutch position something fuse in passenger compartment panel was blown...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad