• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by DaddysTruck

1. DaddysTruck

What parts to salvage off junk yard 2.8s?

I found a guy that has at least 4 Rangers with the 2.8 v6 that he is parting. I'm thinking about stripping everything that could be used by someone before these get scrapped. What are some parts that are getting hard to come by?
  2. DaddysTruck

Explorer 7x6 or round headlight conversion

Anyone done this or possibly have a picture of an 95-03 Exploder converted to square or round headlights?
  3. DaddysTruck

Anyone made this dash swap happen?

I'm liking the idea of one of these newer model Explorer dashes in my '85. I've never come across someone who has made it happen. Anyone know if this should be a good fit like the earlier style, or were there changes that would cause issues? Another thing I've never seen is someone making the...
  4. DaddysTruck

Aftermarket fuel sending unit + guage options for '85

I'm restoring my gas tank and found the fuel sending unit in need of replacement. The gauge hasn't worked in forever of course. As part of the project I'm planning on fabricating a guage cluster with all new guages anyways. Are there any good replacement options? Maybe a compatible guage/sending...
  5. DaddysTruck

Setting Initial Timing

Does this look like the correct rotor and housing position for beginning to set the timing? Also the shop manual says to have cylinder #1 on compression stroke, but didn't say whether it should be as soon as the intake valve closes or at TDC.
  6. DaddysTruck

likeliness of timing gear to fly away

My engine is on the stand pretty much ready to go back in, and at some point I realized I forgot to put any Loctite on the timing gear bolt before sealing everything back up. I torqued it down properly and everything. What do you guys think? Is it a big enough chance for it to be worth ripping...
  7. DaddysTruck

Firewall replacement options

Pretty much all sides of my firewall panel are rusted to death. Does anyone make a fire wall panel for our trucks?
  8. DaddysTruck

Refreshing a distributor

I've got a new cap, rotor, and o-rings for my stock '85 distributor. Is there anything else that would be good to replace before I install it?
  9. DaddysTruck

Proper torque for oil filter adapter

I couldn't find a spec anywhere for the stock oil filter adapter. Any idea what it is supposed to be torqued down to?
  10. DaddysTruck

Bronco 2/Ranger mash up 1988~

I came across one of the Rangers from the late '80s that is badged as a Bronco 2 during a recent sweep through the part yard. Is there anything special worth grabbing off of one of these?
  11. DaddysTruck

Cleaning a crusty cooling system

1985 2.8 v6 I have my engine out and the coolant system is in pretty bad shape. The radiator seems to be okay and I've bought a new water pump. What would be the best way to get all the crud cleaned out? Any good products I should look into?
  12. DaddysTruck

Best place to get replacement carpet?

I'm looking to order a new carpet for my '85 reg cab in black. I'm guessing it's going to be LMC, but I was wondering if anyone has actually ordered carpet and received a quality product. I don't want to end up with some thin crap that sheds or something weird like that.
  13. DaddysTruck

Crankshaft dampener bolt

Is this bolt a reverse thread? I went at it with my impact with no luck. Wanted to be sure I'm not turning the wrong way. Three manuals, zero help. 1985 2.8 v6
  14. DaddysTruck

Flywheel position

It was raining off and on when I pulled my motor outside, and the mark I made on the flywheel to remember its position came right off. I didn't find anything about it in my Chiltons manual. Is there a certain way it needs to go back on, or don't have to worry about it?
  15. DaddysTruck

Rear bumpers debossed with dealership names

My '85 has what I guess is the original dealers name that sold the truck new stamped into the bumper. I was just curious if this was a common thing for the time, because I haven't ever noticed it done on any other vehicles.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad