• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Cursed Iron Fist

1. Best tranny for 2wd 2.5 Duratec raod racer?

Ok. I got the M5OD. And now I am in the process of getting an Infinity G35 rear diff. They have IRS and are pretty strong with the R200 diff that is popular with the JDM rwd crowd. Wish me luck fellas!
  2. Best tranny for 2wd 2.5 Duratec raod racer?

Anybody else having a hard time logging onto quad4rod website? I think they may be out of business. That would be a shame.
  3. Best tranny for 2wd 2.5 Duratec raod racer?

@Black Bill Thank you. I have a M5OD that a yard will trad for my T5, neither are ideal gearing for what I'm using this for. My only concern is the shifting of the M5OD, I had one in an 01(?)Edge I think and it seemed to be fine but it was a long time ago. I seem to remember it shifting...
  4. Best tranny for 2wd 2.5 Duratec raod racer?

So if I was building a 2wd Ranger for road racing and mounts were not an issue, I can fab new mounts, and I wanted to use my 2.5 Duratec 4cyl from a 2009 Fusion, what tranny's can I use? Is the M5OD amy good for this? I believe that tranny has the correct bell housing? I have heard ,but not...
  5. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

The newer Mustang 6 speeds are still a little to rich for my blood. The same wrecking yard that I'm getting the engine from says he has a good M50D-1 out of a Ranger that he will trade me straight across for my T5, I just don't know much about that transmission or the gearing. I thought I would...
  6. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

Ok, got the engine sorted out. It is a 2.5 out of a Fusion. I will pick it up this weekend. I have decided to use a different tranny then the T5 I was planning on running. It has the wrong gearing and bell pattern anyway. So now my question is, what is the best Manuel transmission for this...
  7. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@BlackBll I'm not sure about boost down the road. It depends if this car gets boring ir not. My thought wasbif I'm starting from scratch and one has forged and the other doesn't, couldn't hurt to start with the better internals, but it sounds like it's a bit more complicated then that. My number...
  8. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@stmitch Thanks for all the info. I think your right on all accounts. The only reason I wanted to start with the Mazda FWD unit was I was under the impression the had forged crank and rods. I thought I read that somewhere. Now I'm not finding that as I get closer to purchasing an engine, or at...
  9. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

Right now the BuvEye Sprite weighs a whopping 1200lbs ast Iron engine and tranny and all. Said engine makes a staggering 40hp and is considered quit sporty and fun to drive by vintage racers! Lmao!! I have slightly different standards!
  10. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@pjtoledo Yea, the SHO is a has been by todays standards. My love affair with that motor is purely nastalgia reasons only. It is basically the prototype for the V6 Duratec right? I have seen that Healey 3000 article too and it is AWESOME! My BugEye(also Healey) is way tiny compared to a 3000...
  11. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@pjtoledo The SHO I have is a 92 manual tranny, so I think it is a 3.0? It runs great and drives down the road just fine. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those motors!!! I wanted to put that in this BugEye so bad but it just wouldn't be a well balanced track car when done. So I would sell it if it worked...
  12. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@adsm08 Is that 6k rpm a computer limited thing or is that more of a rods start flying at that rpm thing? I understand stock cams probably don't make power past 6k anyway but with aftermarket cams and computer surely they can spin up and make power higher then that right? I have seen the 30k$...
  13. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@adsm08 @pjtoledo Ok, Duratec it is then. Is there any year and model that is better then the others that I should look for? I think I will try to find a 2.5 if I can get it for the same price as a 2.3. As far as bell housings go, I know Quads4Rods had one for a T5 but everytime I try to go...
  14. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

Is 300HP from a NA Lima out of the question? I have read it's pretty easy from a Duratec but not sure how factual that is in the real world.
  15. Start with a Mazda 2.5 L or Duratec for Custom Build Need Advise Please

@adsm08 @pjtoledo So with your experiance, if you were doing a project like this would you go with a Duratec or a Lima? I have had this car for at least a year and I just can't decide. I've had a SHO V6 sitting here just as long, but have since given up on that idea as it is just to big and I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad