• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cpubuilder

1. 2006 Ranger 2wd 4 cylinder cheap upgrade ideas

Can always start with tuner. SCt or Diablosport then intake and exhaust. I also removed mechanical fan ... less drag on engine
  2. duratec mechanical fan delete

I did this a year or two after I got my Ranger.... A couple good tugs and it broke loose. It works fine driving around ... if stuck in the drive through for too long I turn on the ac or the heat... or just shut it down. I have had only one incident when I was yakking to a buddy and left my truck...
  3. pcv valve

On the drivers side of the motor.. way down low. Heard its best to remove drivers side tire and also heard that ppl have problems after doing so. Think I'll just have the dealer do mine, lol
  4. Fan clutch replacement

I too have removed my mechanical fan, however, you make a good point about the heat. I'd look at a new one or look into an aluminum flex fan... It throws a lot of air when at idle speeds but flex's when rpm's speed up as to reduce drag. I use to have one on a old 4.9l straight six F150...
  5. 2.3reliability

Keep it! I'm guessing that those numbers are in miles? even still .... these Duratec's are in for the long haul. With regular maintenance you'll never have any major problems. The Rangers internals are built to last, forged crank, no valves or balancing crap just to name a few.
  6. Help please need advice

The 2.5 seems to be a bit more quirky than the newer 2.3 Duratecs. I'd look for a 2.3 Duratec 5 speed, but thats me.
  7. Ocassional hard start

Mine does this as well ... Like its got a hole in the intake plenum er composite or something. Almost same result as removing a vacuum hose or something. Must just be the 2.3l duratec way
  8. Weird grindy sound and ticking

Odd. Can't really distinguish the grinding from the good ol valve lash tickin. Umm it does this every start all the time? One guess would be that the starter motor gear stuck in the engage position. Perhaps a bearing on a pulley (power steering, AC, alternator. Need a ear scope on there to pin...
  9. stock air intake

For whatever reason the earlier 2.3 Duratecs had 2 silencers near the throttle body. You could plug them but it would have to be sealed real good, otherwise you would suck whatever you used to plug them. Better to just make a modified air intake or get one off a 2007 or newer (they have no...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad