• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by CoreyTilton

1. CoreyTilton

Corey and Elise's 1983 V8 Ranger build - aka - Project Interceptor

I made the dash with 14 gauge steel, tape measurer, a jig saw, angle grinder, DeWalt cordless drill, 2 1/16" hole saw, 5" hole saw, a straight edge, a cheap harbor freight metal brake for the 2 bends, and a cheap harbor freight welder for welding little nuts onto the back of where the switch...
  2. CoreyTilton

31 spline FX4 Level 2 replacement question

Is that per, or for the pair?
  3. CoreyTilton

according to the foxbody forums, a built 31 spline 8.8 fully braced weighs a little over 50 pounds less than a narrowed 9". I'm currently at 2750 with 15 gallons if gas. and i could do the explorer setup, but i have the fx4, and i'd need to put the spring perches back on for the chassisworks 4...
  4. CoreyTilton

There's lots of foxbody guys making 1000-1300hp and launching 3200 pound cars with 8.8s. the 8.8 itself isn't much of a concern to me. Plus the added weight of the 9" is something im trying to avoid.
  5. CoreyTilton

so even though all the manufacturers essentially said "nope. needs to be custom made. cough up allllllll the dough" amongst my dozens of emails to every company i could find on google, East Coast Gear Supply (which seems to be a predominantly off roading rear and front end supply company) got...
  6. CoreyTilton

I thought I had read somewhere the explorer axle is longer on one side than the ranger ones. The 31 spline fx4 rear end is the same width as the 28 spline version ranger, so I'm not entirely sure the axles are the same length as the 31 spline explorer or the 28 spline ranger. I also am not...
  7. CoreyTilton

I've driven things with torsens in them before and they always seem squirely to me when you actually hammer on them. Just not a huge fan.
  8. CoreyTilton

Yeah that's my thing. Moser Sells upgrade alloy Axel kits (shafts, bearings, c clips or c clip eliminators, everything else you need for install) for 31 spline foxbodies, 31 spline crown vics, a few other 31 spline cars, and 28 spline rangers. They aren't super expensive and seem like an...
  9. CoreyTilton

Yes. I have the rear end off the truck at the moment, and am going to be replacing the differential, the cover, brakes, and feel like I should do bearings, c clips, and axles while I'm at it before bolting it into the truck. Moser advertises 31 spline kits (high strength alloy shafts, c clips...
  10. CoreyTilton

hey guys, i looked around the forums and couldnt find an answer to this question, so i figured i'd post up a new thread. here is my question. I have a 2009 FX4 Level II 31 spline 8.8 rear end. I am looking to replace the axles in it with something heavier duty than stock. and I can't seem to...
  11. CoreyTilton

figured i'd pose this question here and see if anyone knows. looking for a pair of upgrade rear axles for a 2009 FX4 LVLII 8.8 31 spline axle. having a hard time finding anyone who caries ANY type of replacement axles for these rear ends.
  12. CoreyTilton

hey guys, side note, i posted this in the classified area as well, if anyone wants the gas tank that was in this ranger when i bought it, please, take it for free. i'm going to end up throwing it out. it is a PLASTIC 17 gallon tank, with high pressure (about 45 psi) electric pump, fuel...
  13. CoreyTilton

long time no post. truck is out of its winter slumber and tearing around town again. the new transmission is working out great. i ended up buying a larger bore tilton master cylinder with a universal adjustable plate to make it work on our firewalls, but i havent taken the time to install it...
  14. CoreyTilton

FREE gas tank / electric fuel pump / level sender / pigtails / hanger - from my 1983 Ford Ranger

Hey guys, I'm GIVING AWAY this fuel system out of my 1983 Ford Ranger because I'm sick of it taking up room in my shed. It is a plastic 17 gallon tank, with built in high pressure pump, level sender, wiring pigtails, and mounting straps. The pump kicks about 45psi if I remember, which was...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad