• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cmikee

1. Brake Fluid Leak still spongy pedal and lights

I had developed a rear wheel brake cylinder leak and I noticed the pedal traveling further and not stopping correctly and the ABS and BRAKE lights both were on. I assumed the lights were on because of low brake fluid. I replaced the cylinder and filled the master cylinder with brake fluid and...
  2. Different Turbo Idea?

Take a look at this web site http://www.ststurbo.com/ It describes a turbo that is mounted at the rear of the vehicle. I think the principal is that it runs cooler because it's not so close to the engine. They sell kits but too expensive for me. I was thinking I could get a turbo from the...
  3. Multiple Issues?

I have been having a missing problem for a while now. I have to press the gas pedal all the way down to take off from a stop. I have to hold it there for about 2 to 3 seconds and finally the engine 'wakes up' and starts to go. I have already replaced the plugs, wires, fuel pump (it stopped...
  4. 93 missing randomly

My 93 is missing randomly mostly all the time. I can tell it most when under load. However, when I tach it up it seems to not miss as much. By Random I mean it's not consistant with any single cylinder. I have replaced the wires and plugs (all 8) and I did gap the plugs to make sure they...
  5. 2.3 to 3.0 from 1997 Taurus

My Transmission on my Taurus is bad and I thought about using the 3.0 in the Ranger. IS this even worth it?
  6. 1993 Ranger idles rough and cuts off

My 2.3L Ran just fine yesterday evening. I got in it this morning and started it up and It idled up high like it usually does and then I put it in 1st and let the clutch out and it cut off. Then I started it and it did it again. The 3rd time I started it I didn't have to put it into gear it...
  7. Speedometer gear change

Ok I changed my rear axle from 3.45 to 3.73 (19 tooth speedometer gear) and I never changed my Speedometer gear in the transmission. So I go and look at the calculators here and see that I need a 20.54 so I round up to the 21 gear (C4OZ-17271-A). Now my question is where can I buy this gear?
  8. Water Temp Cold?

Originally I had noticed my water temp erratic. It consistently changed and ran hot when idle so I found a leak in the radiator and had hardly any water in it. I bought a new radiator and replaced the thermostat. Now it runs very cool. It barely get's above the Cold Line. In my experience...
  9. Looking for an A/C Temp Control knob

My Control Knob that you push in to turn on the A/C and controls the fan speed broke. Does anyone know where I can find one. I have looked at junk yard but they want to sell the whole unit.
  10. Can't break the egr tube loose from exhaust

The nut that holds the EGR tube onto the exhaust will not budge!! I have sprayed with liquid wrench and used all the force I could. Any tricks to getting this thing off?
  11. Power Steering Low Pressure Side hose

I have changed this hose twice now. It seems that the brackets (I say brackets but could be bracket and block that it's between) that it feeds through so it can go back around to the power steering keeps cutting the hose. I thought about some steel reinforcement (not sure about my options...
  12. leaking radiator wanted to try cold weld

Have any of you had experience in using cold weld on a radiator? The leak is on the seam of the tube that connects the upper radiator hose. The radiator is metal.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad