• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cjk5063

1. 99 4x4 auto fluid leak 195k

I have a slight leak from near the servo covers or the cooler lines. Lots of dirt caked on that area. Recently had a cold snap, and leaks a drop or two a day. Thinking maybe an o ring is going? Is this the kind of thing that can be a chronic slow leak, or will I be stuck somewhere soon? I also...
  2. What is this

Like the title says. . . What is this and how much should I worry about returning it to its home? Fell from under the truck in the neighborhood of the starter, maybe starter solenoid or relay cover?
  3. New exhaust needed

Hey guys, Looking for recommendations and pitfalls to avoid. This will be my first exhaust job, and not sure if the systems out there are one size fits all for a 99 ranger xlt, single cab, 4x4 long bed. Have any of you installed the dynomax system that is under 200 bucks? Will this fit my...
  4. 99 E Brake questions

99 xlt 4x4, have a few things going on and interested if they may be related. Recently got the truck, prior owner had done new shoes on the rear, maybe other brake work. 1. E brake does not fully engage. Pedal will go to the floor but the truck will roll on a grade. It's an auto trans so it...
  5. Help ID these wheels?

Pretty self explanatory, I think they are an American Racing wheel, 15 inch. Anyone know model number or name? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  6. Tire humming -normal?

Hello all, I have a 99 XLT 4wd with a 31 inch Goodyear wranglers. They tend to make a lot of noise around 30 to 35 mph and going up through and coming back down through that speed range. It is a loud humming noise and vibration that sounds like the tires are at a resonant frequency of something...
  7. Keyless entry

Would a 99 xlt have keyless entry as a factory option? I bought private party and did not receive a key fob, but it has power door locks and windows. Thanks in advance.
  8. Interior dome light?

I have seen several photos online like this with what appears to be a fuse, or is this an odd bulb?
  9. Interior dome light?

Just picked up a used 99 xlt ranger and it doesn't seem to have any interior light when the doors are open at night. I pulled the dome light down and there are two map lights but nothing in the center. Any ideas on what I would need to add here? To me out looks like something is missing ...
  10. Thinking of picking up a Ranger

Hey all, Thinking of picking up a used ranger or equivalent sometime next year. What are some things I should look for or avoid? The truck will be used for dump runs and picking things up/moving stuff. I'll drive it in the snow too if it is 4wd. Ideally I can find something that runs well and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad