• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Chris M

1. Chris M

Would a 1999 2WD Explorer be a good V8 swap for my 1996 Ranger

Would a 1999 2WD Explorer 5.0 be a good V8 swap for my 1996 Ranger 3.0 2WD. Will the engine and transmission drop right in. (Is the oil pan correct for the frame of my truck.) Regards, Chris M.
  2. Chris M

going to look at 2004 Ford Exploer to replace my ranger

Good day to all, Need some help from you guys. After work I am going to look at a 2004 for explorer with a 4.6 L (135 K) anything special I should check. All the reviews I have read state plastic interior parts brake, saw one about the transmission (That why I am replacing the 1996...
  3. Chris M

The automatic transmission on my 1996 3.0L is giving up.

The automatic transmission on my 1996 3.0L is giving up. The O/D light starts flashing while on the highway it will reset if you shut the truck off and restart and not flash and error again for a day or two. Brought the truck to the transmission shop where I had my wife’s trans rebuilt in...
  4. Chris M

Best support site for Ranger owners of all types

After 16 years and 224,000 miles it had to be done. Spring Hangers and Shackles. It members time saving post that’s pay off the most. Used the search function to research this project. Member, MarkV out of Kent, OH. Posted the Dental floss trick, worked well and saved my hands abuse and I did...
  5. Chris M

Well that was easy. (Replacing fuel filler neck hose.) Thanks to TRS

Well that was easy. (Replacing fuel filler neck hose.) I would like to take the time to thank the creators and all the members that post submissions to this web site. It is truly helpful and provides great insight to the DIY Ranger owner. Yesterday I replaced my fuel filler neck hose. After...
  6. Chris M

Floppy driver’s side window.

Good day to all and happy Fathers Day, Floppy driver’s side window. Looking to fix my driver side Electric window. The window tilts forward when raising window up. This causes the window not to seal at the rear and you get a whistle. The way I have been dealing with this is to use two hands...
  7. Chris M

I have a cracked head on my 1996 2WD ranger 3.0L and have questions.

My problem started when I was stuck in a traffic jam on the New Jersey Turnpike on the way home Friday. Temp gage started to rise. The only way to keep the temp in operating range was to put the truck in neutral and hold the RPM at 2000. Yesterday I performed a cooling system check and flushed...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad