• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by cdnturboz

1. Blower Motor Resistor Keeps Dying

I have a 98 ranger, last spring the resistor pack went causing me to only have high speed, changed the resistor everything worked fine. Then a couple months later the resistor blew again, changed it under warranty. Just the other day I lost speeds again.. My question is what else should I be...
  2. 4.0L Lower Intake Differences

I have a 1998 Ranger with a 4.0, when doing the intake this past weekend I noticed the previous owner buggered up the valve cover bolt holes on the lower intake manifold (bolt was broken off and missing, looks like they tried to drill it out) I found a 93-94ish explorer in the junkyard that...
  3. Weird Factory Head Unit Issue

On my 1998 ranger the factory headunit/cd player has no display at all, weird part is if you boost the truck the head unit will light up again Has anyone experienced anything similar? If there is no way to fix it, will a newer 2000+ headunit work in my truck? Thanks Steve
  4. 1998 Ranger Daytime Running Lights

I have a 1998 Ranger 4x4, the daytime running lights are not working, I suspect its the DRL module, where is it located? Also if I go to a wrecker what year of DRL modules can I grab, I found a 2001 ranger at a wrecker would that have a similar module? Thanks
  5. 1998 Ranger 4x4 Questions

I have a 1998 Ranger 4x4 and had a few quick questions: The front diff pinion seal is leaking and I want to replace the seal, I need to know which front diff it has? and what fluid it takes? My next question is that the front hubs do not engauge anymore. (The transfer case motor operates...
  6. Couple 4 cylinder Ranger Questions

I have a 2.3L turbo engine from an old merkur xr4ti kicking around and I've been wanting to swap it into an 88-92ish Ranger. What I'm wondering, did Ford make a 4cylinder 4X4 within those years? Would a 2.9L V6 4x4 truck work? Thanks
  7. Daytime Running Lights Staying On

1998 Ranger XLT Supercab 4x4, even after you turn the ignition and lights off the daytime running lights stay on. What's the best way to fix this? We have pulled the fuse for now but the fog lights don't work with the fuse unplugged....
  8. 98 Ranger 4x4 Electrical Problems

My parents bought a 98 ranger 4x4 supercab but it has a few problems: The airbag light is on and flashing, showing a code 25 for the passenger airbag deactivation switch, can I still get the switch? Also another big problem is that the DRL's stay on after the truck is off, the truck has a...
  9. Quick Brake Question

My parents bought a 1998 Ranger, how do I tell if it has 2 wheel or 4 wheel ABS? thanks steve
  10. Need Suspension Info/Help

My Parents just bought a 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 supercab, It needs all 4 upper and lower ball joints, I went to a local piston ring and they said you have to buy the whole control arm assembly with ball joint. Is this true? Also the front suspension, is it torsion bar, or coil spring? thanks steve
  11. New Ranger Owner couple questions

Hey Im new to the site, my dad recently picked up an 1998 Ford Ranger Supercab 4x4. It has a few issues and I'm wondering if someone could help. -The airbag light is on, simple fix? -One of the front bearings is bad (it needs to be fixed for safety/inspection) is it a hub style bearing? -It...
  12. 2.3 Swap parts list

Over the winter I'm starting to get all the parts together for a turbo swap in a 93 Ranger with the v6. So far my list consists of: -large VAM -87-88 TC ECU -87 Merkur XR4TI Engine -prob a t5 trans or 4 speed auto from a TC -4 cylinder ranger engine mounts -255 pump -intercooler -t3/t4 turbo...
  13. Compression Test Results

Before I pull out the 2.3 T out of my merkur I wanted to do a compression test. This is what I found starting from the front of the engine: #1: 150psi #2: 150psi #3: 135psi #4: 140psi Should I be worried at all? I was hoping just to pull it out and redo all the gaskets, and not tear into the...
  14. New Member looking for info

I just found out about this site and am looking for some info. I want to pick up a 93-94 Ranger for a daily driver/2.3 Turbo swap. When going to look at some of these trucks, what are some of the common problem areas for the 93 era ones? I may consider an older 86-92 one as well, do they have...
  15. New Member a lot of questions

Hey I just joined up on the site. I'm from winnipeg, manitoba, canada, and I'm looking to pick up a Ranger for a daily driver. I really like the 93ish Rangers with the extended cab/4x4. Now for the big question, another one of the main reasons why I want to go with a ranger is I have an 1987...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad