• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Canndspam

1. Canndspam

"85 a4ld into an "86, 1-4 ok, no O/D...

So I just swapped a salvage a4ld that came off an '85 ranger into my '86 and everything hooked up fine and now shifts 1-4 all good and smooth but it wont shift into overdrive. One major difference between the 2 trannies that i noticed after the putting the new one in was the neutral start switch...
  2. Canndspam

A4ld quits when hot...

So, ‘86 ranger, 2.9 2wd a4ld. After about an hour, hour and a half of driving, the transmission ceases to engage at all. Nothing, no fwd, rev, or otherwise. Once it cools down, it works again. I changed the fluid and filter to no effect. Is it time for a rebuild or or replacement or is there...
  3. Canndspam

Lets see your camping vehicles!

I've got a '77 Pla-Mor, renovation in progress...
  4. Canndspam

Engine removed/replaced, has spark, fuel, timing, no start...

So I just pulled my engine, ('86 2.9 2wd) replaced nearly all the gaskets (heads, lower intake mani, oil pan, timing cover, water pump, front and rear main seals, valve covers) as most were leaking. Put it back in, hooked it all up, cranked it, it started up, ran rough for about 6 seconds then...
  5. Canndspam

Strange start up idle, intermittent engine cutoff...

I have an '86 2.9L ranger. Typically, when first started cold, it revs high and then drops to its normal idle speed. Recently, when i start it up in the mornings, it has been idling low to the point where it almost cuts off and then revs high, as if to keep itself going and repeats this cycle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad