• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Cameron1591

1. Rear Freeze Plug Size

I'm in the process of doing the 4.0 clutch upgrade and noticed a nasty freeze plug under my flywheel. Has anybody on here had to replace one and know what size it is? It's the larger plug in the top center. I attached a pic of it for reference.
  2. 89 B2 Build Thread

So I've been scouring craigslist for a few months now to find a cheap candidate to swap the engine from my 86 Ranger into. Long story short the Ranger engine was repaired and running then came into some electrical problems that put it out of commission and it wasn't worth finding the problem. I...
  3. 86 Ranger 2.9L swap into an 89 Bronco2

I'll start with the donor motor and trans, may reveal some red flags I haven't considered. I have an extremely beat up 86 Ranger 2.9L, 4x4, manual trans, manual transfer case. I've put a lot of work into replacing the heads on the engine and other upgrades. Drove it for a few months then...
  4. Push button 4x4 to manual 4x4 question/advice

I'm looking at buying an 86 ranger with push button 4x4 to replace my current non-running ranger that has manual 4x4. Both rangers are 2.9L V6's with manual trans and 4x4. The push button ranger has problems with the transmission and electric t-case. Not sure what transmission it has. Rather...
  5. 86 2.9l wiring issue almost caused fire

Sorry in advance for the novel, but theres a lot that could comtribute to my problem. So I'll start out with the problems I know I've had in the past. Shortly after buying the truck last year I replaced the heads due to milky oil. Got all the work done there, and it ran fine for weeks. I had...
  6. 86 2.9L overheating problem

So I recently replaced the heads, all gaskets, head bolts, put in a 180 degree therm:icon_hornsup: and its wanting to overheat after like 20 minutes of running. Not showing any signs of coolant in oil or coolant leaking anywhere. I can tell the radiator is circulating. It appears the water pump...
  7. 86 rear drum brake upgrade

I'm in the middle of replacing springs, components and shoes on the back brakes of my 86 ranger 4x4 and thought they were 10 in brakes so all my components are for 10 in. Turns out theyre actually 9in according to the Napa machine shop. I know there's an info section about upgrading to 10in but...
  8. coolant in oil

So I recently bought an 86 ranger with the 2.9L V6 and instantly had issues with coolant leaking into the oil. I just finished a head swap and the issue persists. This has left me with large amounts of oil mixed with coolant. Wondering if the coolant can be removed and oil reused, at least for...
  9. 86 2.9l cooling issue

I just finished replacing the heads on my 86 2.9l V6 this weekend due to a head or gasket crack. It started up and ran fine the 1st day. Just the other night we were getting pounded with snow so I took it out to test the 4x4 in the fresh snow. I let it warm up for about 5 minutes, topped off the...
  10. 86 2.9l cooling issue

I just finished replacing the heads on my 86 2.9l V6 this weekend due to a head or gasket crack. It started up and ran fine the 1st day. Just last night we were getting pounded with snow so I took it out to test the 4x4 in the fresh snow. I let it warm up for about 5 minutes, topped off the...
  11. ? about finishing a 2.9 head swap

I just swapped out the heads on my 2.9 L 86 ranger. Have it reassembled up to the push rods and rocker arms. The info section on this swap describes how to do a valve lash and timing adjustment but doesn't specify if theyre necessary. Wondering if these adjustments have to be done when...
  12. 95 stepside bed on 86 frame

Wanting to replace my rusty banged up bed on my 86 ranger shortbed. Found a stepside on a 95 ranger at the junk yard in great shape. Wondering if the newer stepside would line up with the bolt holes and gas tank. Any input would be appreciated.
  13. 2.9L V6 Head Swap question

I'm in the middle of changing the heads on my 86 ford ranger 2.9L V6. Have it tore down to the block and currently reinstalling the valves on the replacement heads. After reading my repair manual I realized I never cranked the engine into the position suggested before taking it apart. Will...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad