• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BryanG

1. Leaf Spring Shackle Hangar

I have replaced both rear hangers on my son's 2000 Ranger. It is a PIA but it's definitely a DIY project. I took a butane torch and heated the spring eyes up until the bushing melted and I could push it out. Never took the springs off his truck. Makes a smelly mess but gets the job done.
  2. Blown Head Gasket or Cracked Block??

My son's 2000 4.0 with 120k miles had a major malfunction. He was almost to work when the check gauge light came on, temp spiked to high and the motor started to hop. He was less than a block from work and managed to limp it to the parkinglot. I was assuming either a stuck thermostat or fluid...
  3. Jumping/Hopping/vibrating when Cold

Sorry for such a poor description in the title but I don't know how else to explain it. My son's 2000 4.0 Ranger with 118k miles is now jumping, hopping or vibrating when put in gear when cold. By the time he is leaving our edition it stops doing it. It did it with me tonight while in reverse...
  4. Drive with broken or missing shock

So 1 of my sons brand new Monroe shocks snapped in two. Bought it from RockAuto and installed them myself correctly. Less than 45 days old and he started getting a metal clank. I looked under the truck and found the right front shock snapped in two pieces. Took both pieces off so as not to...
  5. Sliding Window Latch

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a place to get a replacement latch for my son's sliding rear window? It's for a 2000 Ranger. I found the cheap plastic ones like I use to have however his looks like a bigger hard plastic style latch similar to what my other son's 2007 Ranger has...
  6. ARE Cap Value

My son's new Ranger has a really nice ARE truck cap painted red to match. It is in great shape with drivers side window that flips open and a sliding window on the passengers side. Best I can find is it was around $2,000 new. My teenage son does not want to leave it on very long and I don't want...
  7. Very Soft Break Pedal

Just picked up a 2000 4.0 Ranger for my son with 117k miles. Only major concern I have so far is the break pedal is very soft and you have to push it pretty far down for it to apply the brakes. Anyone have an idea to help correct this? Do the lines need bled, could they have air in the lines...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad