• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Brian Rhoades

1. I6 swapped b2

Yeah I went v-belt this time and bought a shorty water pump. It was a pita because I had to buy a pully & bracket kit to make it work. Even then I had to make my own power steering bracket. Then I used a swap radiator that tucked into the core support and electric fan. The time before I did...
  2. I6 swapped b2

Back on subject... the 300 i6 is a great motor. I like it but the trouble with swapping one in is the length. A 302 fits much nicer. Heck if you have a body lift a 302 looks small in there.
  3. 1988 Bronco 2 XLT 4 by 4 will not go into gear

Huh, I honestly thought they were all floor shifters. Must ba an 89-90 thing.
  4. BII prices?? Funny stuff

Oh no, one of those Toyota is the only company that can build automobiles guys...:rolleyes:
  5. 84 bronco 2 rear gate latch mechanism.

Wrecking yard
  6. 1988 Bronco 2 XLT 4 by 4 will not go into gear

Don't all bronco II's have floor shifters. Though I agree that you need to look at it a lot harder before you throw money at it. You state that it won't go in gear... Do you mean that the shifter won't move or that when in drive or reverse it won't engage? Is your transfer case in neutral?
  7. BII prices?? Funny stuff

Yes, I too have seen Bronco II's listed for stupid amounts of money. People are considering them clasics now. I got into Bronco II's 20 years ago and they were dirt cheap and everywhere. Parts were plentiful as well. The wrecking yards were full of them. So 2 years ago when I bought my...
  8. I6 swapped b2

Oh also, I would not ever bother with regearing a D28. Way to weak. 5.13's??? :confused:
  9. I6 swapped b2

Why do you want an i6? I happen to like the 2.8l provided you remove the computer, duraspark it and run a regular 2150 carb. It will run and run and run. Old reliable and cheap to fix if anything ever does go wrong. There are negatives though. It lacks power big time and fuel economy is...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad