• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by BrHotte

1. 2.3L ('83-'97) Where did the oil go?

That’s what I was hoping Dirtman. I guess I was surprised about the level on the dipstick difference with the bigger filter. Thanks for the confirmation.
  2. 2.3L ('83-'97) Where did the oil go?

Yeah, I don’t check oil with engine running. It was definitely a 5 quart jug. I am hoping it is just because because of the larger capacity oil filter. I just put an extra 3/4 quart or so and it reads full. Hopefully everything will be fine. Thanks for your replies.
  3. 2.3L ('83-'97) Where did the oil go?

Ok. Just changed oil in my 94 Ranger with 2.3 Lima engine. Put a new PH8 filter and dump a new 5 quart jug of Castro’s GTX in it. Started it up let it idle for 3 or 4 minutes. Checked the oil several times. Oil level is under add mark by 1/16 inch. Changed oil in this truck a few times now...
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking under load, no power, poor MPG

Just out of curiosity, did you happen to change the throttle position sensor? I am going to change the cam sensor and the tips.
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking under load, no power, poor MPG

Thanks for the update cstarbard. I was going to order a new tps to try. I am going to go ahead with the cam sensor instead. I love my truck, but it is so frustrating with that bucking. Thanks again. I’ll let y’all know how it works out.
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking under load, no power, poor MPG

Starting the engine cold everything sounds good and the motor tuns over fast and fine. When the engine is all warmed up and I shut it off, (like to pump gas) when I start it back up it turns over like it is out of time. turns over 3 or 4 times, hesitates for just a second and repeats a couple of...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking under load, no power, poor MPG

Cstarbard, one other symptom my truck has that I forgot about is when hot it kicks back on the starter and starts hard. Was wondering if your truck does the same? RonD. Do you think there might be some kind of timing issue. Given the issues with the lower rpm acceleration skip/buck/miss, also...
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking under load, no power, poor MPG

Cstarbard, I messed around with my egr as well last weekend. I took it off and it was pretty clean. It seemed to function properly and did not have any vacuum leak on the diaphragm. Put it all back together and it ran the same. I did unplug the vacuum line from the egr and drove it about 25...
  9. My name is Alex

Welcome Alex. You have come to the right place. Lot of great people here. Great info.
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Bucking under load, no power, poor MPG

cstarbard, fwiw, I know we are battling similar issues. I did remove my egr valve today and checked it all out. I seems to be working fine. I reinstalled it and surprise! no change. Just thought dI would let you know.
  11. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Removed the EGR, cleaned it and reinstalled it. Cleaned the corn out of the air box and blew out the air filter.
  12. Old Bolts Rusted Not Busted YET

Thanks for the input guys. Got the EGR off today including the exhaust pipe. YAY! Luckily lots of PB Blaster over 3 days, lots of patience and kept bumping with a wrench. NO broken bolts or knuckles. Thanks again
  13. CEL was on......

It was a python. Probably probably kicked the "CHOKE" on!
  14. Old Bolts Rusted Not Busted YET

Thanks ericbphoto I will keep soaking. adsm08 I really like that approach. Never thought of adding never seize. It would be like sweating a pipe. Thank You.
  15. Old Bolts Rusted Not Busted YET

I want to take the EGR off my 94 with the 2.3 Lima. Bolts do not want to move and I don't want to twist them off. Have any of you all tried these delicate looking bolts. Also the exhaust pipe doesn't want to seem to move either. I hit all three with PB Blaster last night. Figured I would keep...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad