• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by boostedjd

1. 97 4.0 convert to 4wd

i have a 97 2wd and was planing on converting it to 4wd. I'm looking to use a manual transfer case as everyone seems to have problems with electronic ones. Can i just get a 97 4wd transmission, tcase, and driveshafts? Also heard of people using divorced tcases so you dont have to swap over...
  2. dana 44 and 70 questions

I have a dana 44 front and dana 70 rear axles. I was told they came out of a 79 f250. I was looking at replacing the rear drums and or hubs and front rotors but the problem I'm having is the lug studs on the axles are 9/16 x 18 And whenever I look up rotors and drums for those axles it always...
  3. steering on Dana 44 front

I also have a dana 70 rear and need to replace the inner axle seals, I saw somewhere that the whole inner bearing and everything comes out and it has to be pressed out. I bout some axle seals but there seems to be a cover over the seal and idk how to take it out.
  4. steering on Dana 44 front

http://www.dufftuff.com/Dual_Shock_Coil_Tower_for_SAS_or_OE_B2_Ranger_EX_p/5261b.htm .... I was planing on using duff duff SAS coil and shock mounts. Their made specifically for sas rangers so I'm assuming they would be spaced out far enough for the coils to to sit on top of the radius arms like...
  5. steering on Dana 44 front

Alright that makes sense. So I'd just have to get rid of that in general and seems like most people just get the drag link to go staight to the tie bar and then I'll make some mounts for a Trac bar. Another question is since this came off a leaf spring vehicle and I can't cut off the drivers...
  6. steering on Dana 44 front

Anyoke know what this bracket is for? It almost looks like for a drag link but it's on the drivers side. It came out of a 79 f250 and I've seen it on a few of them but I can't find anywhere where it says what it is.
  7. test

how do you post pictures
  8. steering on Dana 44 front

So I'm looking to build SAS ranger on a early 90s bodystyle ranger and today I went out and bought a Dana 60 rear and Dana 44 front axle, guy said they came out of a 79 f-250 Cummins. I was looking at the front axle hand have a few questions I'm not sure about the answer. One is this thing was...
  9. gauge cluster conversion

I have a 2000 manual ranger xlt. On my gauge cluster there is no tach like a lot of the manuals for some odd reason. But what I was wondering is could I take a gauge cluster from other ranger that does have a tach and put it in mine? Mainly wondering if they are the same size so it will just...
  10. lifting

i have a 2000 ranger 2wd and i am looking to lift it. Ive been looking around everything ive seen is either for a 93 to 97 ranger or 2000 for alift for my yr. id like to lift if 6in for the right price but might have to do 4in on my budget. anyone have any ideas on lifting it without spending a...
  11. truck is stalling

i just replaced my timing belt, tensioner pulley, and spark plugs 2 days ago and then on my way home when i was driving on the highway it kept sounding like it was backfiring and then i would completley lose power but then i could let it sit for a couple min and it would start right up and it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad