• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by blk93notch

1. Motor mount problem

I have a 1990 ford ranger that had a 2.9 in it. It's 2wd. I have my 302 with a t5 ready to drop in. I have the fox body motor mounts bolted on. Problem is that I can't get it to drop in correctly. I opened up the passenger side hole and on the drivers I opened the 2 holes and cut the middle out...
  2. T5 differences

Is a t5 from a 94-95 v8 mustang any worse to use then one from a 87-93. I know they run an inch longer but anything else. I have one for my 90 ranger v8 swap
  3. 1990 ranger v8 swap project begins

decided to put a v8 in the ranger since I wasn't happy with the 4.0. I have been collecting parts and. tonight I started to build the engine. heres what I have so far: 5.0 from a 94 mustang gt40 heads(not p heads) e303 cam edelbrock torker intake 600 cfm carb hei style dizzy t5 from 94 mustang...
  4. 4.0 no start

so i have the 4.0 swapped in my ranger. now its not starting. it cranks but no starts. it is getting fuel. i put an inline spark tester in and im not getting spark. i had the edis module tested and it tested fine. i put a new crank sensor on and still no start. i have the coil off now and...
  5. 4.0 swap troubleshooting

i have a 1990 ranger that had a 2.9 with a a4ld. i bought a 4.0 out of a 93 ranger with the a4ld attached. i have the 4.0 and 4.0 a4ld installed. i installed an engine harness and engine bay harness from a93 explorer. the 4.0 cranks but no fuel. i dont hear the fuel pump kicking on. also when i...
  6. 4.0 swap in progress

so im putting a 4.0 from a 93 ranger into my 90 that had a 2.9. did research on wiring and found that a 91 explorer harness would be a plug and play. i got the engine bay harness and cpu. now i have the 2.9 out and the 2.9 harness out. im ready to put the explorer harness in and noticed that the...
  7. 1990 ford ecm 2.9 to 4.0

i bought an engine and trans from a 93 ranger. i got the ecm,maf,and the wiring with it. im going from a 90 2.9 to a 93 4.0. in the 90 the ecm is in the passenger kick panel. the 93 is in the rear left corner of the engine. my question is will i put the 4.0 ecm where the 2.9 ecm is now. thanks...
  8. v8 trans ?

i have a 97 explorer 5.0 as a donor vehicle. my plans are to rebuild the engine and put a cam and port the heads and intake. as for the tranny i want to keep the 4r70w and pu tin in my ranger which is a 96. now i know the explorer is awd and the ranger is 2wd which is the way im building it, my...
  9. frame differences

i have a 96 2wd standard cab shortbed ranger. i was wondering if a frame from a 94 is the same? if not then what years are. i need a frame for mine within the next year and want to start redoing a nice one with all new parts
  10. driveshaft problem

im sorry if this is in the wrong place and yes i have used the search button. anyways... i have a 96 regular cab ranger with a 5 speed. i noticed a sound the other day and looked under the truck. at the front of the driveshaft that goes into the tranny there looks to be a collar of some sort...
  11. 5/6 drop on 96

so im have been doing some research and cant find the answer im looking for. i have a 96 2wd and want to do a 5/6 drop. my ? is what size tire do i use. im want to run 17's or 18's, im running 16's right now and would like to use them for winter wheels. thanks in adance
  12. Let's see what's out there....

what drop dp you have on your teuck. sweet looking truck btw!
  13. my 96 i picked up in jan.

i picked this up in jan to play around with. it started out as a fleetside base model. i have did the explorer seat and console switch,suede headliner and visors,suede on the doors, changed beds,put mustang wheels on it,molded a roll pan in it and put a new front bumper.i just painted the truck...
  14. rear bumper

i was wondering if the rear bumper for a stepside and a flareside are different? its a 96 ranger in question. 2wd thanks
  15. just wondering

good point. thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad