• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Black Frog

1. 2.3L cold weather issues....

After 20 years and 504,000 miles on my 92 Ranger she finally would go no more, and is now in the big junkyard in the sky. Very sad. So several months ago I picked up a 2006 2.3L Ranger manual trans with 93k miles on it. Ran fine, but did the usual stuff- plugs/wires/fuel filter/fluid swaps...
  2. Seat confusion into newer Ranger

I recently picked up a 2006 Reg Cab bare-bones ranger. Plastic 60/40 seats which I dislike, but the price of the truck was something I couldn't turn down. I have a local pick-n-pull yard with many potential options, but I'm confused as to what older seats may fairly painlessly swap into a 06...
  3. Anyone here use Tungsten Disulfide in their manual trans?

Wondering if anyone else here uses Tungsten Disulfide (ws2) mixed in with their trans fluid in their manual transmission? I've used it in my older 92 Ranger for several years (reached over 500k miles), in my motorcycle final drive fluid, and just about anything that has a gear box. I mix it...
  4. New (used) truck... have maintenance question

What I would do: Plugs Wires Oil change w/ filter Air filter Fuel filter Trans fluid PCV valve ...possibly serp belt if it looks worn. Come colder weather I would do a radiator flush too.
  5. Two years newer, or 20k less miles?

Now that my grieving process is complete for my old Ranger that has gone to the big junk yard in the sky after 20yrs, I'm starting to look for another. It is time to move on.... ;) I've been keeping my eye on CraigsList in my local area and a few have popped up in the last few weeks that fit...
  6. Official time of death was 504,710 miles :-(

"Old Blue" was my first (and only) new vehicle I ever bought. 1992 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd Supercab 4.0L 5-speed I made it to 395k before needing to replace the trans, I was still on the original clutch. I bought used trans off ebay, and while I had it apart I put in a new clutch. Still had...
  7. Computer / PCM questions

Can a computer from a 4.0L manual trans 4x4 be used in a manual trans 2wd? I think I may have a hard time finding my replacement computer for a 4.0L manual trans, 2WD. So wondering what other options I might have from the junkyard...
  8. Instant power loss, then snaps right back. Intermittent.

My 92 Ranger is SO CLOSE to hitting half a million miles- I'm at 490,000 now and want to get there if I can. But now I have another problem. She seems to be falling apart rather quickly this last year..... About a month ago, one morning went to start the truck and immediately the engine...
  9. 92 really high idle...

I have a 92 Ranger (488k miles!) has a really high idle. I mean really high, like 3000 rpm. Just started doing this yesterday . Doesn't matter if the engine is warm or cold. If I pull the iac connector, should the engine shut off ? Or is this a tps problem most likely?
  10. Radius arm the same on both sides?

My 92 2wd Ranger needed the radius arm bushings replaced, trying to get to 500k miles out of her- only 20k left! Problem was that I could NOT get the large nut off the bushing end, and the whole threaded portion ended up snapping off..... So no I need a new radius arm. The local yard has...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad