• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Bionicjoe

1. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

Cat was gone when I bought the truck. It ran perfectly fine since changing the plugs 6 months ago. However you may be correct that the sensor hasn't been working since before I had the truck. To be honest I'm not sure how I could've broken a wire now that I know how the harness runs. A crack...
  2. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

Thanks but the sensor isn't showing a single bit of voltage or any type of readings. Even if there were a vacuum leak the sensor should register something. It's acting like the same as if unplugged
  3. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

Replaced the other O2 sensor. No change.
  4. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

I think I found the issue. The shop replaced the wrong sensor! Not sure if the sensor is the issue or if it's in the harness further up. I still find it very curious how this all happened when nothing was done near the O2 sensors or exhaust. To troubleshoot I unplugged the mass air flow and it...
  5. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

I just took out the air filter and bracket then folded back the tube. Also unplugged a wiring harness that affects the air flow. Mass air flow sensor wiring maybe. Which is a good candidate for where a broken wire may now be. It's the wiring harness that runs out from under the master cylinder...
  6. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

There was no engine work done. Just front-end work and fixed a brake line right under the master cylinder. So I had to remove the air intake to fix that.
  7. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

Well I've already got a new sensor installed. So I could switch them. All I have to see which one got replaced. I think it was the one that is now showing 0 volts. So it wasn't the sensor, just a broken wire if that's the case. I just don't have the time to troubleshoot it right now. Going to...
  8. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

Thanks! This issue came on all of the sudden after doing work elsewhere on the truck. So I would guess that it is a broken wire, and the sensor is not generating any voltage. I think I need to find a better mechanic too.
  9. Oxygen Sensor Issue F250 6.8L v10

I've got an O2 sensor that is throwing codes and causing misfires. P0171 and all the misfires are on odd numbered cylinders. Fuel trim just sets at 26.6% on the long term fuel trim. I cleared the data and drove around while watching the OBD data. Goes right to 26.6 Spark plugs were replaced 6...
  10. F250 6.8L - Can't Install the Dipstick Tube

I bought an F250 that was used as a salt & snow plow truck. Lots of rust including a dipstick tube (and dipstick) that was rusted into two pieces. It was like something out of a comedy when I pulled the stick the first time and a partial tube and stick came out rusted together. Anyway I got...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad