• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by bigjerm

1. bigjerm

2001 4.0 misfiring

Hello Rngstation, I'm having some problems that are baffling a mechanic. After driving a couple hours fairly hard on my ranger with 130k(bad idea I'm guessing), I lost power on the freeway and the cel started flashing, so i got off and pretty much limped a few more miles home. I started it up a...
  2. bigjerm

2001 Headlight bulb replacement?

I've been trying to change the halogen headlight bulb on my 01 Ranger, but not having any luck. The manual says to just rotate the retaining ring and pull the bulb assembly out. However, it was close to impossible to get the ring loosened, but i managed to get my hand in the hole behind the...
  3. bigjerm

2001 Headlight bulb replacement?

moved to misc gauges.
  4. bigjerm

Air Bag light flashing

Off and on for the last six months I've been dealing with a air bag light that flashes a code for a crash sensor fault(at least that's what i remember it being months ago). It seems to start flashing after the passenger seat has been moved. I've been able to get rid of the light after moving...
  5. bigjerm

lifter noise ??

I've been getting this clacking noise at idle lately, and after taking it to a couple different mechanics I've some different opinions about the noise. I doesn't do it constantly so it was hard to get anybody to believe me at first, but one guy i know got to hear it, and seems to think it is...
  6. bigjerm

Engine swap?

How much could I expect to pay at the shop to have a donor engine swapped out for mine? Just trying to plan it out, as I'm getting some pretty loud lifter noise, and don't have the skill to mess with either. Unless the ATf treatment I'm about to try might work(make it worse maybe?). Any input...
  7. bigjerm

Valve lifter noise after startup at idle?

I've some intermittent lifter clacking that seems to be worse after driving to a warm state, than parking for a while then on starting when the rpms drop, I'll here it clacking. Goes away if I rev it just a bit even. Some major neglect from previous owner. Oil was thick and black when i first...
  8. bigjerm

Cold air intake?

Do these cheapo cold air intakes that I'm looking at on Ebay make any difference in mpg, performance, etc, and are they safe? Im looking at the K&N ones for about 320, but these chinese ones are about 30 bucks. Im sure you get what you pay for, but I can't shell out for the kn one.
  9. bigjerm

Small Cabover camper too heavy??

I just bought a cabover camper shell for my 4x4 4.0 Ranger, but I pretty much assumed I could haul it without hurting anything, because the owner had it on a smaller ranger himself. It weighs just over 900#. Is this thing going to tear up my truck hauling it around? Heres a pic of the same model...
  10. bigjerm

Fog light wiring?

I've got a question about my fog light setup, and if anybody could help me out that would be great. Well, besides needing new bulbs, on one side there is just a housing for the bulb and connectors, and where they should be there are just some wires tied up. Problem is i'm not sure exactly what i...
  11. bigjerm

Cap interior light hook up

Im hoping that somebody could help me figure out how to wire the interior light of a leer camper shell i just purchased to the brake light im guessing. It would save me 60 bucks the dealer is "offering" to charge me, which would help me keep the dollar burgers coming this week. Off of the light...
  12. bigjerm

Used Rear dif

Rear end locking up in 4x?? Hello, I'm fairly clueless about axles, but was hoping somebody could help me out. My rear dif is getting pretty howly and I found a complete rear end from a 2008 ranger w/4000 miles. Would this fit a 2001 v6 stock 4x4----8.8 REAR END 4:10 RATIO<------desription of...
  13. bigjerm

Blown head gasket or cracked head?

Over the last few months I've dumped a bunch of money into my truck(trans rebuilt, shocks, egr solenoid,egr sensor, plugs,wires,maf cleaned, throttle body serviced,tires)hoping that i would reach the end, but thinking about tapping out, as I'm worried the blown head is next, to go along with the...
  14. bigjerm

Ball joints and UCAs Walk through?

I've got confirmation that all of my ball joints are shot out. Does anybody know where I can find a walk-through on doing the lower ball-joints and upper control arms on a 2001 4x4? I'm not sure how much help I'm gonna be getting now that I need them all around. Found both UCA's and lower...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad