• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by beater ranger

1. BUCKING ranger

Well the cylinder head is on and the truck runs for the most part. when driving trying to pick up speed, unless done very delicately, the engine falls flat on its face and acts like it doesnt want to start after it stalls. Ive been over it twice and everything is hooked up and hooked up right...
  2. cylinder head bolts

Putting a 2.3 back together and the head bolt mfr. (fel pro) recommends a thread sealant on the bolts which enter the cooling passages. Having a hard time figuring out which ones those may be. I came across a thread here about a 4.0 but nothing about a 2.3 anybody got a clue on this one, thanks.
  3. motor swap???

I am considering putting a '96 2.5 engine in a 91 ranger w/ 2.3 worn out liters. I was wondering if the controllers and sensors will swap over or should i just continue my search for a 2.3 replacement? The 2.5 has all electronics with it. Also, will the 2.3 clutch assembly work on the 2.5...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad