• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by banduccm

1. 4.0 OHV OBD1 Code Issue

I have a 1993 4.0 OHV, and it's been giving me trouble lately. It's intermittent, so it can be hard to catch, but I finally caught it on a day when it was giving me a rough idle and trouble starting. I tried to pull codes by jumping the OBD connector in the engine bay, but the blinks don't make...
  2. Strange Bit on Drain Plug

I drained and replaced the transmission fluid on my '93 ranger yesterday, and when I pulled the drain plug there was a fair bit of metal shavings and a somewhat-concerning little metal cylinder. It looks like it could be a bearing roller, but I figured I'd post it here and see if anybody...
  3. Manually Disable Auto-Locking Hubs

Hi, all! I recently picked up a well-loved (read: beat up) 1993 Ranger (4.0L, 4x4, manual). The truck has recently started to do some strange things when driving: At speed, sometimes I will get a strange shudder, like something is trying to engage but can't. It goes away after a few seconds...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad