• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Austin.J

1. 1984 2.8 V6 with a coolant leak, and some tranny issues, could use some help

Would pulling the engine be the only way to replace them, or is it possible to do with the engine still in it?
  2. 1984 2.8 V6 with a coolant leak, and some tranny issues, could use some help

Thank you for the info, Is pulling the motor the only way to fix them? preferably id like to repair it, the easiest way possible. as far as the transmission, its missing a bolt, and the bottom of it looks chipped, and bent
  3. 1984 2.8 V6 with a coolant leak, and some tranny issues, could use some help

Hey yall, I bought a 1984 ranger a while back, shes just been sitting out the the driveway, but now that ive got her going, ive noticed a coolant leak coming from somewhere behind the engine, and the transmission looks damaged, id appreciate any help yall could offer as to what the problem is...
  4. Distributor for a 2.8 Duraspark Conversion?

Well I'd like to thank you all for your help! I was able to get it running, and it was able to drive, the brakes need some work, because they're sticking, but regardless thank you all for your help! I'll attach some pictures and videos we took of it
  5. Distributor for a 2.8 Duraspark Conversion?

I just attached a picture I took of the coil a while ago, when I first went to look at the truck, the green wire I traced back to the GM conversion module, as for any of the others I'm not sure where they go, The smaller little black wire on the right, you can't see but it is cut and electrical...
  6. Distributor for a 2.8 Duraspark Conversion?

So think I've got everything I need to get the conversation done, but before I go at it this weekend, how would I do the T between the positive on the coil, and the ignition power, Question 2 would be, the ignition power is the starter relay correct? Sorry for the late responses and my lack of...
  7. Distributor for a 2.8 Duraspark Conversion?

Sorry for the late reply, but the wires that I'd run, would they still go to the GM module, or directly to where they are supposed to go? I'll attach a picture of the module
  8. Distributor for a 2.8 Duraspark Conversion?

Im trying to get the ranger running, but I cant find a distributor anywhere for it, its been converted to duraspark, I just cant find a distributor anywhere that will work, any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated Just in case, its a 2.8 V6, 1984 Ranger

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad