• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by appletonbill

1. appletonbill

A4LD - 2-3 shift flare at around 20mph

Ever since I changed out the vacumn diaphram on my transmission I have a shift flare from what I think is 2-3 that happens at around 20 mph at medium throttle. Will this ruin the bands or drum?
  2. appletonbill

Might have ruined my A4LD

I had finally decided to jack up my truck and pull the hose off the vacumn modulator to see if there was any fluid in it. I went to O'Rielly and got one. It was an adjustable one. Anyway, I put it in with the control rod from my old one. Put in enough fluid to bring it up to full level, got the...
  3. appletonbill

Temp needle not moving off of low mark

I have noticed that my temp needle is not moving off the cold mark lately. I know the rad is full and it's not overheating. Is it the coolant temp sensor?
  4. appletonbill

Tranny fluid in the vacumn manifold

What would cause transmission fluid to get up in the vacumn distribution block? This is a 1992 4.0L with an A4LD. I have caps on all the nipples except for the PCV, brake booster and the one in the photo going over across the intake. Where does that one go to?
  5. appletonbill

Lets see your camping vehicles!

That's a pretty sweet set-up. :icon_thumby:
  6. appletonbill

Got the hangers and shackles.

Got the hangers and shackles in the mail today. Less than a week from Shock Shack. Now wait for the weekend to get started.
  7. appletonbill

If I could choose....scenario

B.H.O. get's reelected.
  8. appletonbill

Lets see your camping vehicles!

Ouch! Not much clearance there. Watch out for them holes. :eek:
  9. appletonbill

Passenger side rear leaf spring bracket broken, driver side shackle broken.

I have heard that the only stupid question is, one that is not asked. So, I was just wondering if I could bolt the leaf spring right to the frame with a #8 grade bolt, bushing and washers or would it put enough stress on the front that they would break also? :dntknw:
  10. appletonbill

Rear brake line thread size at master cylinder?

I am in the process of running a new brake line to the rear brakes on my 1992 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0L Automatic. I want to remove the line from the master cylinder and plug the hole for now. What size and thread pattern do I need to get?
  11. appletonbill

Use for newspapers

Whenever I take my dog somewhere in the truck he usually slobbers up the side windows. So instead of using up my paper towels, I found out that newspaper works good for cleaning glass, along with Sparkle or Windex.
  12. appletonbill

Seafoam

Did the seafoam treatment today, then took a 85 mile trip. Seemed to have better throttle response, and purred like a kitten the whole way. I poured it in the brake booster hose.
  13. appletonbill

rear brake line leak

I have a leak in the rear brake line about 1/2 way to the back. I have it clamped off right out of the master cylinder right now, so I only have fronts now. I was wondering what size the fittings are, and also the size of the line. At first I tried a couple bolt thread patterns to just plug the...
  14. appletonbill

pic of my ranger

http://s255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/appletonbill/?action=view&current=myranger-1.jpg
  15. appletonbill

Steering Column To Floor Shift

Anybody got any ideas or comments about converting an automatic shift from the column to the floor, and what I will need?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad