• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by apmurphy

1. apmurphy

Mystery steering issues..

So I've had my truck in 3 times now for balancing and alignment and just got the brakes done but the issue hasn't improved. At low speeds (20mph) there is a low pitch grumbling noise from the front end, especially when turning left. The truck continues to pull right even after the alignments...
  2. apmurphy

Wheel hub assembly or bearings?

So there is a noticable grinding sensation from both front wheels that I can feel in the steering wheel but there isn't any horrible noiseassociate with it but I assumed this has something to do with the wheel bearings. I had them done once before when the bits inside the bearing actually fell...
  3. apmurphy

really loud locker..?

so i installed my lockright this afternoon and having never had one before i was wondering if the noises are normal.. during normal driving everything is fine but doing wicked slow turns it makes a horrribly loud click and feels like i'm going to break it. is that normal and just part of the...
  4. apmurphy

wire tap

i've spent hours browsing the tech section and searching threds but can't find which dash wire leads to the high beams. i want to connect my kc's to my highbeam switch for convenience but the tech page doesn't have later model wiring info. or should i just tap the kc relay into the highbeam...
  5. apmurphy

F150 lights fit Rangers?

On my way home from work today I couldn't help but notice how similar the F150 behind me's headlights looked to my own with the exception of them being a single piece (please disregard my grammar). I was curious if the 04-08 F150 headlights would fit the newer Rangers, with some mounting...
  6. apmurphy

newer explorer consoles..

do they newer (02+) explorer consoles fit in rangers like the old ones? or is the setup all different? they look similar but i haven't had time to carefully inspect them.
  7. apmurphy

lock-right or l/s?

i have the open 8.8 right now.. it sucks. i end up burning through one tire when i have no traction and get stuck all the time in snow and mud when not in 4x4. i want something to lock both wheels for traction and proper burn-outs but something that won't greatly compromise on-road handling like...
  8. apmurphy

error code and other symptoms- help?

so since i put my body kit on, (like 6 months ago?) my check engine light has been on and giving me code P0422- evap system small leak. a while back i removed and cleaned the egr and iac but no luck there. ive never checked the pcv, but i also don't know where to find it. haynes manual gave a...
  9. apmurphy

Is this important piece?

So my engine light's been on and the error code was vacuum related, I investigated a slight whistle i heard and traced it to the side of this guy: is this supposed to whistle or could it potentially be the source of my issue? i notived it's connected to the gas line and stuff and figured it's...
  10. apmurphy

Wtf??

So I pulled into my driveway today and saw a cloud of smoke coming from under the passenger side fender. i opened her up to see what it might be, but found nothing. There was a faint odor of coolant but nothing was leaking and operating temp was normal. I did, however, find this random opening...
  11. apmurphy

A couple questions about gearing and shiz

So I have a couple conundrums, as stated in the title. 1) I have the body lift and want to get 33's, but eventually add another 3+ inches of lift and 35's. As far as gearing goes, do I need to change the front and rear gears with any tire change? I know I have 4.10 in the rear but no idea for...
  12. apmurphy

pop-out windows?

im curious.. did any rangers have the option of pop-out rear windows in the extended cab? my uncle's s-10 has them and i though they could be quite convenient but have never seen a ranger with them. just a thought.
  13. apmurphy

newer model seat swaps and the air bag control module..

i've been taking my seats out and in of the truck alot lately since i've been doing a sub box and console, and i noticed that when the seat belt harness isnt connected the air bag light comes on. then i was thinking, what would happen if someone with a newer model truck wanted different seats...
  14. apmurphy

torsion bar adjuster bolt size??

does anyone know the size and threading of the torsion bar adjuster bolt? i stripped one of the heads during the crank..
  15. apmurphy

Air bag light/seat belt sensors

So I disabled my belt-minder chime, but now I want to completely remove the wiring harness fro the seats becaus they are annoying and I take the seats out alot so it's a PITA to have to unclip them every time.. But when I put the seats back in and don't connect the harnesses the air bag light...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad