• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by aeidian

1. Blown head or something else?

I've got water in the oil when I drain it, and no oil pressure after its warmed up and knocking on top of the motor. Doesn't sound like a rod, maybe a lifter, I don't know. I ran a compression test on the drivers side cylinders, 160-180-100. Didn't do the passenger side, figured it was ****ed...
  2. Jacking up engine for oil pan

89 2.9 4x4 I know everyone says to pull the motor but I don't have the option where I live. I've read people jacking up the engine to get the pan off by taking the motor mounts loose. I got under there to look and I can't figure out if I should take it loose where the mount bolts to the engine...
  3. Still no oil pressure when warm.

I had a coolant leak that turned out to be from a freeze plug on the passenger side. In the course of events to figure that out I replaced the timing chain cover seal and the guide and tensioner on the timing chain itself. Once back together I started having oil pressure problems. It has 40-60...
  4. Coolant leak from timing chain cover?

89 Ranger 2.9 4x4 with a gazillion miles. Sprung a leak today and did some feeling around. I can't trace the point of origin on it. It's not coming from any of the hoses, nor the pump. Radiator is new, pump is new, most of the hoses are new. I do have a pretty noticeable oil leak coming from...
  5. Intermittent fuel pump issues.

89 2.9 4x4. Past couple weeks I've had fuel pump issues. The truck would run as long as I held the key to start position then die right after, or run for a second then die. I thought maybe compression issues the first time but it didn't do it again until just now. I turned the key and listened...
  6. Which seal is this?

The oil seal on the front of the engine that's behind the water pump. Not the water pump seal, the one behind that? Front engine cover seal? Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
  7. EEC relay, part number or what's it really called?

89 2.9 4x4 5 speed. So I was driving the truck and parked it, came back out to start it and it just cranked and cranked and never fired. Put a test light in the spark plug boot, turned it over no light. Test light in the ignition coil boot turned it over no light. Warrantied out the coil, still...
  8. Alignment issues (pics of shop alignment printout inside)

Before After Several months ago, I took the old rust bucket into the shop to see if I could get it going straight down the road, as it was pulling hard to the right. It's an 89 4x4 Ranger, 2.9 V6. First they told me they couldn't do anything that would make a difference for less than...
  9. 89 2.9 just about end of life?

89 2.9 4x4 odometer reads 16793 (its either 216 or 316k for sure) Lately the old truck has been sluggish to start. Battery tested and alternator tested and starter is a couple months old. Just did cap and rotor and wires. I believe the culprit to be just end of life on the motor. I bought this...
  10. Manual to Power windows 89 ranger?

89 2.9 4x4 extended cab I have manual window cranks and I'm curious how much work it is to put power windows in here. Can i just buy power window motors for this year (or a compatible bronco or explorer if they didn't make window motors for this truck) and bolt them in and run a hot and ground...
  11. Why does this seem like a major design flaw on the wheel bearings?

89 2.9 4x4 I had a noticeable bearing issue several months ago on the front axle. I replace both sides inner and outer and made it about a week before it sounded exactly the same as it did before I put the brand new bearings on there. I pulled it all apart again and one side the bearing was...
  12. Is normal for a distrubutor to arc?

Is it normal for a distrubutor to arc? I know it seems like a stupid question, but I want to know if it means the cap is cracked. I was having starting and hesitation issues several months ago and come to find out that the AC line that runs across the back of the engine was touching the...
  13. Wheel noise.

89 2.9 4x4 Ranger. I was having some vibration that seemed to be coming from my front right wheel about 2 months ago. Kind of a wan wan wan wan. First I thought tires, because it kind of sound like big tires do when they go down the road, but it wasn't a constant, it was just like I described...
  14. Dies when flooring it.

89 2.9 4x4 5spd Ranger Was having hesitation and vibration problems, vibration problems turned out to be the carrier bearing and ujoints. Replaced those and no vibrations. I thought the fuel injectors might be going out, but I did the easy fix and changed the fuel filter first. I know it had...
  15. Vibration 35+ but not when letting off the accelerator.

89 2.9 4x4 Ranger FM146 5 spd I was having a shuddering on take off, turns out that the nuts on the transmission mount, one was missing, and one was almost off. Must of been that way for awhile. It looked like the carrier bearing was worn out so I replaced that but it seems to be eating the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad