• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Acgallen

1. Acgallen

5.0 cranks but no start after a day of sitting.

Coil is most definitely getting power. Mentally im getting close to getting rid of this thing, only been headaches. Ive changed each spark component and nothing has worked.
  2. Acgallen

Thanks for the info. Tried a new coil, still nothing. Checked all my grounds again, seemed like nothing was off. I also swapped distributor caps, that didnt help either. It cranks well, and the spark plugs are wet, so im pretty lost.
  3. Acgallen

Swapped another PIP sensor in with no success. Pretty stumped on this one. Could it be the coil even though i was seeing 12 v go through the coil wire?
  4. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

Took a little modification, but that was the fix! It backfires a little bit(or a miss, not sure which) but it stays alive and sounds great! Thank yall.
  5. Acgallen

No spark. Tested with starting fluid first, nothing. Pulled a plug, no spark. Coil wire going to distributor gives 12v. Pip sensor is getting 12v from power wire. So my problem lies in the distributor? Or pip sensor?
  6. Acgallen

Gotcha, I do not have a coil pack. I have singular coil that is getting 12v when cranking. I understand the majority of the ignition system, but not enough for me to understand how something overnight could go bad. Im 100% positive my fuel pump is pumping enough pressure and fuel to the engine...
  7. Acgallen

I have an A3M computer. I left for the day but i will try tomorrow. If it doesn't start with fuel, what's the next step? It doesn't have EDIS, so i believe it would be the computer that controls spark and fuel. Really confused on this one, its been running like a dream the past 500 miles.
  8. Acgallen

In a series of bad luck or whatever, my driveshaft disassembled itself from the transmission. Long story short, pulled the truck back to the house, started it and then let it sit. That was about 12 pm yesterday. About 12pm today i finished up getting the driveshaft back on with some new parts...
  9. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

Im going to just replace the pump to keep the guage working. Any suggestions to what year and size i would need for it to fit well? or are they pretty much the same based on looks.
  10. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

You hit the nail on the head with that one. My rock auto purchase history says 1986 pump with a 5 PSI output. You're awesome for being able to put the all the context clues together. Going to buy a 90 model pump and send it, (no space for an inline pump with new fuel lines)
  11. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

This may be pertinent to the running issue. I found my code reader and was able to produce some codes. 114 : Idle Air Temperature out of range Not sure this would hinder the truck from staying on. 522: Park/ Neutral Position Truck was an auto before, i took the park wires (blue/black) and...
  12. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

Yes fuel pump hums until i turn the switch off, with no change in tone. Fuel filter is brand new with the fuel lines. I pretested the lines by using the FP to push gas into a can through the feed line. I can also immediatly start the truck again once it dies.
  13. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

Sorry, i did not describe the system i have set up for the fuel system. I described it above this. Its a 86' EFI setup with the fuel pump hooked to a switch. The fuel pump relay still clicks when key turns. The regulator had no gas coming out of the vacuum line. The truck will start on the...
  14. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

My fuel system consists of a brand new 86' fuel tank with a 86' in tank high pressure fuel pump. I ran all new bronco graveyard fuel lines with an inline fuel filter. I have the fuel pump hooked up to a switch next to the key. I prime the engine for 2-3 seconds before starting.
  15. Acgallen

92 4.0 swap wont run

I rewired everything and it sounded better, but the truck wont stay on past initial fuel burn. My poppop and I were able to keep it alive soley running on starting fluid. Seems to me im lacking fuel, if i try to use the throttle it kills the engine quicker. I will try to get a FP gauge on it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad