• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by Acepilot1023

1. Acepilot1023

Cable broke loose?

I was taking thing valve cover off and noticed that to the right of the distributor, there are 2 cables going through the firewall, and the one closest to the distributor with the square end is broken off? I noticed a while back that my tachometer wasn't working as it had jumped back to like -7...
  2. Acepilot1023

Bolt broke off in the head

I was taking the valve cover off in my truck because I noticed it was leaking oil. Well, now I see that not only is the gasket petrified, but there is a bolt broken off in the (Right side VC) top closest corner to me. Normally, I would go and get a dremel tool to get it flat, a centerpunch...
  3. Acepilot1023

302 Engine swap into a 88 Ranger?

I am looking to swap my engine, but I would like to keep my 4x4 if I can with my existing transfer case. Any suggestions as to which one?
  4. Acepilot1023

88 Ranger 2.9L Dual Straights?

I was running this setup for a couple days, and it got progressively worse. When I revved up, when it came back down to idle, it would idle real low, and sometimes cut off. I thought it was the back pressure as it is coming out of the manifold and has a turndown right under the cab. No pressure...
  5. Acepilot1023

Rebuilding the 2.9L

I am thinking about pulling one from the junkyard and having it rebuild then swap it for the one in my ranger. Can anyone give me a price range for rebuilding it? I know I can get the core engine for 150.
  6. Acepilot1023

Crankshaft pulley or "Harmonic Balancer"

I have a 1988 4X4 V6 2.9L Ranger that I am replacing the timing cover gasket on. To take the water pump and timing cover off, I have to take off the crankshaft pulley. In the process of trying to get it off, I have broken a chip out of the pulley, 2 2-Jaw pulley puller, 2 3-Jaw pulley pullers...
  7. Acepilot1023

88 Ranger Air Conditioner

Im going to go to the junkyard and pull all the parts I need to put AC on my ranger. I know the basic parts, but would anyone be willing to tell me all the parts I need so I don't have to keep running back over there to get the missing piece?
  8. Acepilot1023

How does this setup sound?

2.9L V6 with true dual straights running through headers and an X-pipe. Ye, or neigh?
  9. Acepilot1023

1988 Ford Ranger 2.9L V6

Does anyone have an exploded view of it, or can you tell me what the part is right behind the water pump? I thought it was one big piece, but the seal between the block and the other piece is leaking coolant.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad