• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 97-cobra/ranger

1. D44 swap, what driveshaft u-joint?

Alright, just finished up swapping in a 1977 dana 44 in my 97 ranger. What u - joint do i need to hook up my driveshaft to the axle? The factory u-joint seems just a little too big
  2. time to regear 4.56 or 4.88??

4.88s for sure. Just did 4.88s with 37s and wish i woulda gone with 5.13s. Like the Mustang guys say, "don't fear the gear"
  3. bw1350m front output flange swap

I picked up a 1350m transfer case from a buddy without doing much research first to replace my 1354e in my 97 ranger. Can I swap out the splined output on the front of the t-case with a flange from a 1354?
  4. Dana 44 gear pattern check please!

Haven't had time til today to mess with it again. The backlash is a little tight cuz I didn't have enough shims. I'll get some more and get it right but I ran a pattern anyway. What about this pattern?
  5. Dana 44 gear pattern check please!

yes, shims are behind the inner pinion race. I posted a thread awhile back about the traclok trying to get info on it vs an aussie locker but only got a few responses leaning towards the ausssie. I guess I'll try it out since I already have it and switching a carrier is easy.
  6. Dana 44 gear pattern check please!

How far off does it look. Like .005" change or more?
  7. Dana 44 gear pattern check please!

I'll sell u this one. Fresh rebuild with extra clutches according to the guy i bought the axle from. And I believe it as the whole axle was spotless and just rebuilt with all new everything, I'm just switching gears. I just switched the ring gear to an open carrier so i can put an a aussie in it...
  8. Dana 44 gear pattern check please!

Trying to get some opinions on the pattern of my Dana 44. Its A High Pinion If that matters. 4.88 gears. I think my pinion is too deep but I'd like some opinions. Backlash is .006"
  9. 94 a4ld in a 90 ranger?

I found a 94 a4ld that's recently rebuilt out of a wrecked truck that my brother needs for his 1990 ranger. Will that transmission work in his truck? I don't know what engine was in the 94 but my brother's truck is a 2.9 v6.
  10. are FW and EB 44s radius arms the same?

Well I'm asking cuz I'm gathering parts to sas my ranger with a FW dana 44 but need radius arms. A guy about an hr away is selling a set of EB radius arms for $50. Will they work for me or should I look for arms from a FW 44?
  11. are FW and EB 44s radius arms the same?

Like the title states, are radius arms off an EB and a f150 for a dana 44 the same?
  12. is a 28 spline and 31 spline 8.8 OPEN CARRIERS the same?

Obviously the splines on the spider gears are gonna be different but lets say I have an open 8.8 carrier, would it matter if I used it in a 28 or 31 spline axle? I have an explorer 8.8 that's disassembled with no carrier or gears. I wanna put an open carrier in it with an aussie locker. Will it...
  13. custom ttb steering questions

I recently just replaced all 4 of my ball joints and installed adjustable camber bushings. Now I'm needing to replace my steering linkages to get an alignment. My truck in a 97 with the ttb front end and has a skyjacker 6" lift. I have a drop pitman arm installed but its only like 2". What I'm...
  14. 97 reg cab trail rig build

Well I decided I'd make a build thread to try to get some answers/advice on mods to my truck to get it to the point I want it. I bought the truck last Dec for a daily driver. My other toy is a 1997 mustang cobra(built motor, supercharged, 6spd, e85, 515rwhp/515tq). I was in to off roading before...
  15. 97 ranger, 6" lift, 33s

Well I finally got some tires and rims mounted up and on the truck. I still need to lift the rear a little more and finish up some odds and ends including an alignment but I couldn't resist throwing them on a snapping some pics. better pics to come

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad