• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 88_ranger

1. 88_ranger

Idle's high when I come to a stop

Hey there everybody...I have an 88 Ranger with the EFI 2.3L 4 cylinder and four spark plugs. The truck runs great but I am having this issue with the idle. When I'm driving down the road and I come to a stop light and I push the clutch in sometimes the RPM's will stay up at like 1700 and not...
  2. 88_ranger

Ignition Timing Problems

Hello everyone...I recently finished replacing a bad piston in my 88 Ranger with the 2.3 EFI with 4 spark plugs. When I was putting everything back together and before I put the timing belt on I set the camshaft pully to point to the middle of the three timing marks from the cover after the...
  3. 88_ranger

Swapping out a Piston

Hello everybody. This is my first post on your website. I have an 88 Ranger with the 2.3 efi motor in it. I recently starting getting a terrible knocking sound internally on the motor. I pulled the head off of it and discovered a chunk missing from #4 piston. I found a person selling an...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad