• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 87351ranger

1. T5 and an attempt to stay hydraulic.

Dorman CS37493 Clutch Slave Cylinder Aeroquip FBPA0039-36 36" Size (-3) Straight 90° Teflon Hose
  2. 2.3 - 3.0 bellhousing bolt pattern?

Are the bell housing bolt patterns the same between an 87 ranger 2.3 and a 94 ranger 3.0? Assuming they both use a A4LD. Found a 94 3.0 that needs a trans and I have a trans out of my 87 2.3 that worked when i pulled it. Is it possible to swap the bellhousing from the 3.0 to the 2.3 trans if...
  3. cooling system issues

I would say they are not the wrong head gaskets. This problem just started last week and I resealed the motor last year along with the head gaskets (3000 miles). All new cooling system parts at the same time. The problem is not there all the time. Motor runs 185*-190* all the time, no surgeing...
  4. cooling system issues

have this cooling problem, never heard anything like it before. This is my 94 ranger 3.0 splash. Basic rundown on the truck, 125k, motor was out and resealed due to oil leaks, headgaskets were also done. I have put about 3k miles on it since. cooling system was replaces when motor was out...
  5. heater core feed side

What feeds the heater core? fitting next to the thermostat or the water pump fitting. Not getting heat inside the truck. Motor up to temp 1908. Vents will read 120-125* at idle then when you drive will go down to 90-100*. would seem hot but isn't. Entire cooling system was replaced about 4000...
  6. It's alive

current pics
  7. need a measurement

I need to find out the distance between the front of the waterpump pulley and radiator from someone who is using the explorer fead. Right now I have about 4.5-5". Tring to fit a stock explorer clutch fan assembly in there, I am using an sn95 mustang fead. Really do not want to use an electric...
  8. No heat

Currently I have no heat in the truck. No matter where you set the temp it is still cold, A/C works fine. 94 ranger splash 3.0, just had the motor out to reseal it and take care of a few other problems, not really sure if the heat worked before. Entire cooling system was drained. New radiator...
  9. It's alive

finally was able to get the ranger running. 87 short bed 351/t5. Motor is a from a lightning, 351+.060=363cid. Based on a motorsport Gt 40 351, 340hp. crate motor. Gt 40 heads performer Rpm cam and intake summit carb hedman 302 swap headers, 2 1/2 exhaust T5 trans , 280z slave 4.0 radiator...
  10. 87 351 ranger shortbed

Have been wanting to build a 302 ranger for along time and finally decided to. Original plan was a 302/aod, but decided 351/t5 would be better. 351 lightning motor with performer RPM intake and cam, makes about 325hp so should scoot along really good. A lot of fitment and so far has worked out...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad