• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 86supercabsxt

1. 86supercabsxt

86 2.9l problem

Apologies for the late update: Oxygen sensor seemed to make a world of difference. Sputters and dies on cold start but stays running once the needle on the gauge moves. Didn't have any problems driving up and down the road.
  2. 86supercabsxt

86 2.9l problem

Thanks all, the TFI has been replaced and tested. After crawling underneath to find the O2 sensor, I found it broken off at the bolt from age. Managed to get both pieces out without stripping anything. It ran a bit better after replacing one deteriorating vacuum line directly under the throttle...
  3. 86supercabsxt

86 2.9l problem

Right, certainly can't hurt to put a new sensor on. Appreciate the line size and quick response
  4. 86supercabsxt

86 2.9l problem

Okay, to start off; it's an 86 Super Ranger STX 4x4. 2.9l 4-spd auto. My main problem is it will run just fine for about 20-30 minutes, going down the road, then it sputters, puffs black smoke, dies and won't run right starting up again until it cools down. It doesn't overheat. Coils, plugs...
  5. 86supercabsxt

Hello All

Totally new here. I'll get to the point; I'm 26, my dad is giving me his old '86 Super Ranger. I grew up in this truck. Learned how to drive in this truck. It's the 4x4 SXT with the fuel injected 2.9l. Light bar, brush guard, and all. It has plenty of problems but only a couple I cannot solve...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad