• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 59bisquik

1. Front leaf spring recommendations

One of the old school guys (Jim but don't remember his screen name) on here had a leaf spring setup. He mentioned using Wrangler springs but never mentioned if they were stock or lifted. EDIT: I knew there was a link there for Jim's build. This rig works very well. We did the Dusey Ershim...
  2. D44 SAS Caster Measurement?

My rig has always wandered a bit since the SAS and I am thinking my caster is off. Is there anybody out there that has the correct caster on thier D44 SAS that could check the angle for me? I was thinking that just for a quick sanity check I could check the angle across the vertical bolts on the...
  3. Losing power, Code 14 in ECM

Today I was out taking the rig for a drive. Under partial or full throttle the engine would start to bog and lose RPM. I brought it home and checked the codes. With the tool, I got codes 10, 11 and 14. 10 isnt listed 11 says test ok 14 is Ignition pickup was erratic - Ignition Systems From...
  4. Ignition switch gremlin

Over the last couple years, occasionally my dash gauges and radio would go off and then magically come back on again. It happened today after starting the truck. I moved the ignition switch a bit and everything came back to life, but I was unable to duplicate it. Could it be the key switch...
  5. Rear Sway Bar Width

I am looking for the width of the rear sway bar for a Ranger 8.8. What is the width from side to side where the links mount? Thanks! :icon_thumby:
  6. Full width D44 '90 B2??

I spaced mine out 2" on either side by using Duff EB buckets and a 2x4 rectagle tubing. I also moved it forward 2" at the same time. My only concern is the 8" Explorer coils. If they were lift coils for a TTB, they would be way too stiff for the SAS. I used 5.5" lift EB springs.
  7. 63" Chevy's into B2... Need some advice!

63" Chevy's into B2... The Progress Continues I am just starting on my 63" swap. I got a set of Teraflex lift shackles, and 5.5" lift ProComp 63" springs. My goal was to lose the old Skyjacker springs and blocks and gain a bit of flex. I already pulled the overload and angle shim out of the...
  8. hybrid front axle Ford8.8/Dana30

Wow, I think this is a pretty cool swap. Looks like alot of work went into the front axle build. I would agree that the driver has alot to do with breakage level. I know when I disengage my brain for a few minutes, I seem to break stuff quicker. As for the 8.8... I have twisted one 8.8 housing...
  9. Axles ????

Search in this forum or the extreme suspension forum. Tons of us have done this swap and there are hundreds of posts and photos about SAS! :icon_thumby:
  10. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

Yup the 4" Skyjackers I am taking out are the rear leaf springs. They make a 4" and 6" lift spring. They ride nice and have good flex.
  11. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

The Skyjackers are the 4" lift springs for a Ranger or BII The Belltechs are bent and will be going in the trash! Not offroad rated! :annoyed:
  12. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

Looks like the B2 will be under the knife for a while I will be dropping in the Prorock 60 along with a 63" Chevy spring swap. Gonna order a set of Procomp 5.5" 63" lift springs and then a D60 and 63" swap kit from Ruff Stuff. Getting rid of the 4" Skyjacker springs, 3" lift blocks and...
  13. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

The front has a built 44 that will stay for now. Alloy shafts etc etc etc. For now it will be fine, but down the road with bigger tires might be another story. We will play it by ear on that one!
  14. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

I picked up my new axle today...should be a nice strong upgrade. I will give you guys a hint on what it is and will post more pics one I start the install. :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
  15. Broke Another 8.8... Upgrade Options?

I want to keep the 5x5.5 so that I dont have to change wheels and front brake equipment on my D44. I put alot of time and money to build my beadlocks. However, I have found that the 9 inch and the semi floater D60 can be had in my bolt pattern. Both look like they could make a good rear axle...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad