• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 4.0blue98

1. 4.0blue98

2011 Ford Ranger Blue 4WD Automatic SUPER CAB

Wow, PA rust. Just like MD. My frame looks worse but my cab is really good.
  2. 4.0blue98

1994 Ford Ranger Pickup Brown RWD Automatic Mad Max

Would make a great daily driver.
  3. 4.0blue98

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Installed new water pump. Old one was weeping and a bit gritty when you spin it. Hopefully the new one won't leak...
  4. 4.0blue98

1990 Ford Ranger, XLT, Extended Cab, 4WD, Pickup

Did they put the decimal in the wrong spot? Looks a bit rough for 5k. Guess the plow is 4500?
  5. 4.0blue98

2002 Ford Ranger Red 4WD Automatic SUPER CAB

Illinois so probably more rusted than mine...
  6. 4.0blue98

Junkyard Digs 1994 Ranger revival

That was a good episode. Saw them using it as a parts hauler in a more recent one. I test drove a 3.0 when I bought my 4.0 and there was a big difference off the line to me, but I'd have thought it would wind up just fine.
  7. 4.0blue98

Threw my Altima in the trash where it belongs and got a 98 Ranger

Yeah I can't believe that it's gone. I haven’t been over it in years but was frequently in the area around route 10, Ordinance Rd and Glen Burnie.
  8. 4.0blue98

Threw my Altima in the trash where it belongs and got a 98 Ranger

Sharp truck! It is the best year too. I may be biased... Hope you don't rely on the Key Bridge. That was a shocker.
  9. 4.0blue98

Ranger owner since 1983 and finally completed TRS registration

Welcome! I bought my 83 in 93 but loved them since year one. Wish I still had that one. Never had the means or space to add to the fleet but looking forward to seeing your collection.
  10. 4.0blue98

Good price? '94 Ranger V6 4x4 - $4900

Location means a lot. Around me that would be pretty good.
  11. 4.0blue98

Partial rebuild question.

This all sounds good to me. I've probably done the rpm variation while setting the timing and fiddling with the carb. Just put a new master cylinder in last week so probably do that oil change next Saturday. Then I'll follow @Uncle Gump and drive it!
  12. 4.0blue98

Partial rebuild question.

Can't seem to find my specific situation address on the internet. I've tried all sorts of searches but no luck. Did a budget rebuild on a 326 Pontiac with heads disassembled and cleaned, rings, bottle brush honing, new rod and main bearings, but didn't touch the cam or flat tappet hydraulic...
  13. 4.0blue98

1979 Ford Ranger SuperCab

Long truck! Dealer pricing. Would be a fun project but not for me at that price. Alarm?
  14. 4.0blue98

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Changed oil. Noticed rear main seal is leaking more than usual. Front crank seal leaking a little and coolant leaking from WP weep hole. Fortunately I have a WP in stock. She's getting tired... Now where did I put that "easy button"?
  15. 4.0blue98

HAVING SPONGY BRAKES

This gets my vote.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad