• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1991 Blue danger ranger

1. sohc build for power?

yeah its gonna be an eaton m90, with the moddbox kit.
  2. sohc build for power?

i'm planning a supercharged sohc swap into my 1991 4.0 ohv soon, (with a tune, injector and MAF upgrade to boot so i can run approx 10 psi of boost.) anyone got some other recommendations/ mods they've done to their sohc that they would advise? looking at headers, (and pretty much a complete...
  3. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

plan was to replace the chains and tensioners once i have the motor preemptively, and then do it ever hundred k kilometers or so. bulid the motor to my dream spec anyway so i'm absolutely making sure it can handle it and so i don't have to pull it.
  4. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

oh okay sounds good thanks. will see what i can find
  5. short shifter fx4?

heard about that too, maybe it was someone selling one? not too sure. will try for some more research and let you know if i find anything
  6. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

any idea of how much harder the newer ones would be? been reading around a bunch of forums and obviously some sensor swaps as well as some newer ones, but nothing much seems to be too different between years, aside from the tensioners of course. would you recommend any specific ones? i know the...
  7. 2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

hey, planning this into my 91 4.0 ohv, but i have many plans for the sohc before it goes in. would i be able to tune the 91 ecu more (obviously have to reprogram if i can just use it) beyond just making the sohc run off of the ohv computer. dont have any donor vehicle yet so are there any i...
  8. short shifter fx4?

i remember reading some time back that the old fx4 level 2's had a short shifter installed for the manuals. can anyone confirm this? would love to throw one into my 91 (i am aware that some light part modding has to be done to retro fit this) but just so the shifts werent so long? i've got the...
  9. Manual transfer case swap

Just meant the electrical for the lights on the dash
  10. Manual transfer case swap

realized that I'm gonna need a tcase, but oh well lol. just gotta spend a hundred more dollars at the pick n pull, but its not so bad. fortunately just going with the older one (Borg warner 1354) as it was introduced i think a year before my truck was made , and its what i have in there now, so...
  11. Manual transfer case swap

thanks much!glad to hear things are identical aside from holes and the motor of course lol. just to clarify, you're telling me i need a manual tcase *along* with the linkage and the rest of the business, and that i just have to cut the motor wires and plug the indicator plug directly into the...
  12. Manual transfer case swap

I’m looking to tcase swap my 1991 manual 4.0, with the electric shift 4x4 (manual hubs thank god). My electric shift really hated the cold snaps this winter, and as a result of using it my 4hi no longer works, and my 4lo has become 4hi. Honestly, I don’t really want to diag as I still can use my...
  13. hey dvdswan, hope your evening and week have been nice. just messaging to ask about the radio...

hey dvdswan, hope your evening and week have been nice. just messaging to ask about the radio, mostly just wondering if you've shipped it yet? again, have a nice night and rest of your weekend.
  14. radio cassette deck failed

I've gotten into it, nothing I could find visibly. i had been using it for about 2 months almost daily, got it at the pick n pull from a 94 b3000. (still the same internally, it hooked right up and everything)
  15. radio cassette deck failed

same here, that's why I'm trying to fix this one. totally throws me off for my radio lights to be a totally different colour and style.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad