• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 182Ranger

1. Noise in front end

I have a 99 4x4 with torsion bar suspension. When I am pulling up my driveway, which is a hill, and hit it on an angle, I can hear a loud popping/rubbing sound. The front end is tight. I can hear it any time the front or rear suspension articulates.
  2. Noise in steering rack

I have just put a new inner and out tie rods on my 99 4x4. With the engine off, and while moving the steering wheel back and forth slightly, there is a clunking sound. If you pull on the inner tie rod, it goes away. These are all brand new parts.... Any ideas?
  3. High frequency "clunk" when driving.

When I am backing up, then going back into first, or when shifting into first when I let the clutch out, I hear a high frequency "clunk". It is not something that seems too serious, but it is annoying and I would like to find it before the problem gets to be any worse. I have already checked the...
  4. Ranger 4x4 3.0 to 5.0

I have a few questions about swapping a 5.0 into a 1999 Ranger 4x4 with a 3.0. I found the page in the tech library, it was quite helpful. Alothough I noticed a few things that didn't seem to add up. First, it said that a 8.8 Ford rear axle is best to use with a 5.0, but it doesn't mention...
  5. Looking for aftermarket retailers.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket website or parts store that sells OE replacement parts, particularly for the exterior? I am looking for a new rear bumper, belt moldings, and some other things that are expensive to buy from Ford. Thanks.
  6. Cowl removal?

Anyone got an idea how to remove the cowl on a '99? I need to get the windshield washer squirters off, and it looks like I need to get to get at the cowl to remove them.
  7. Auto hub not locking in...

I had my '98 in at work today to see if my front tires would spin when I engage 4 wheel drive. It has auto vacuum hubs and electric transfer case. I put it up on the hoist and put it in 4. The front tires wern't moving, although my front driveshaft was, and light in dash says it was in. It does...
  8. Largest tires on a '99....?

Anyone got an idea if a set of 265/75R15's will fit fine with no rubbing or whatnot on a '99 4x4 stock suspension? If so, I have been having a hard time finding tires that size. Any help is appreciated.
  9. Body lift pictures?

Does anyone have pictures of a '98-'00 with a 3 inch body lift with no torsion bar crank? Before I put money down on mine, I wanna see what it will look like.
  10. Stock '98 rim with 32" tires...?

My '98 4x4 has 15 inch rims, and I believe (so says this website) that they are 7 inches wide. I am looking to fit 32" tires under a body lift. Are there tires out there that size that will fit the stock rim? Also, can a larger tire width (ex. 10.5) fit on a smaller width rim? Thanks.
  11. Yet another body lift question...

I got a '99 4x4, 3.0, with a 5 speed. Stock at the moment, but not for long. I've been searching the internet and stores around my area for a body lift. I've found many different brands, sizes, and so on. I want something where I won't have to do much modifying to, just to make it easier for...
  12. Knock sensor help...

Are the 3.0's equipped with a knock sensor, if so, where are they located. It is a 1999. Thanks.
  13. 2007 sunvisor on a 1999?

Would a sunvisor from a 2007 fit on to a 1999? I doubt it myself as it is a different bodystyle, but I thought I'd ask. Thanks.
  14. 302 engine swap.

I was reading the 5.0 engine swap in the tech library, and I have a few questions. I've got a '99 4x4, 3.o with a 5 speed transmission. I didn't quite clearly understand the article if my truck was applicable. Thanks.
  15. Back Rack

Does anyone have a picture of a 98-00 Ranger with a Back Rack?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad