• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Recent content by 1237jjm

1. 1237jjm

Chrome tape restoration/replacement

I've used up enough elbow grease to making the paint on my truck look good. But now the chrome stripe at the bottom is really dragging down the appearance, it's completely faded. Any advice on how to either replace this stuff or make it nice n' shiny again would be greatly appreciated!
  2. 1237jjm

Ideas for better driving in the rain

It's a problem that's been bothering me for a while now, but after having my truck turn into a short-lived tilt-a-whirl ride on my home, i want to see if there's anything i can do to my truck to increase traction in the rain. Its a 94 2.3 5spd rwd. After ruling out making it a 4wd, i was looking...
  3. 1237jjm

Clanking during higher rpms

After taking out my fuel injectors to clean them, after putting them in, there's a loud clanking noise when revving into the higher rpms and a somewhat rough idle. I tried to take a video, but of course it doesn't do it as much when i try to take the video. Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  4. 1237jjm

Rough idle and quitting on 94

I have a 94 2.3 and decided to clean the fuel injectors today. I took them out and let them soak in carb cleaner for a few hours. After putting everything back together and starting it up i noticed that it idles extremely rough around 600rpm, it hunts up and down and most of the time eventually...
  5. 1237jjm

Won't start when hot

Hello there, I was hoping for some help from here since autozone offered no advice and i refuse to take it in. My 1994 ford ranger will not start when it's hot, it turns over just fine but no start. I have to raise the hood and let it cool for a while. It doesn't do this every time, but the...
  6. 1237jjm

OBD1 trouble codes

Hi there, I recently bought a code reader and pulled the codes to figure out the check engine light. Im kind of new to DIY repairs so I was hoping for some help on what all of the codes really translated to. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Engine Off: 211- Profile Ignition Pickup (PIP)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad