• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Holy spark plugs!

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
So i decided to get these bosch plug out and go with some motocraft plugs in my little 2.3l. Let me just say ford is really proud of their $h1t! 88 dollars and change for 8 plugs. :shok:

Rangerman4158

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I replaced eight plugs in a guys 05 mustang the other day and the plugs were 27 dollars EACH and the new F150 runs the same plug

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
So $11 bucks a plug. Sounds about right if they are double plats or Irdium. I forgot how much the Bosch plats were for mine.

dusto2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
wow motorcrafts are just autolites, and double plats are around $6 a plug and iridiums are around $8, wow that was alot to pay

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
i think they are iridium(SP) but i didn't pay that much, my dad works at a big company who gets parts for their small trucks through ford. Still at his price it was 57 dollars. which isn't as bad as 88 but still i can't beleive how much for gets for their stuff.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
I replaced eight plugs in a guys 05 mustang the other day and the plugs were 27 dollars EACH and the new F150 runs the same plug
That's nuts!

LearjetMinako

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 140ci
Transmission
Manual
I know the NGK Iriduim spark plug for my KLX is $12 and needs to be changed every 7500~15000miles. Thank goodness its only 1 cylinder and 1 spark plug, so I don't mind spending the extra for a better spark.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
ya, my 98 ktm 125 has some kind of odd plug. instead of a normal plug like br8es or something like that, mines just an NGK 8. 21 dollars a plug. like you said tho, only one cylinder, so it's not all that bad.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Wow I just got Motorcraft Double Plats at autozone for $5/each this weekend. That sounds like they bent you over and legally raped you!

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
thats a lil too much for me. i have a buddy that had a full blown drag car and his plugs were something like 53$ ea :shok: i wana say. my yz250 plug is about 15$ and there was i point i was putting a new one in every 2 weeks then i tore it down and the idiot i bought it from had put a 380 main jet in, when at sealevel it was 290- i'm in colorado mind ya. changed that with a few other things and now i havn't changed the plug in ova 6 months and the thing runs like a batt outta hell :headbang:

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
I replaced the head gaskets on my b2 but i have still not replaced the spark plugs, is that a bad thing?

seriously, spark plugs are NOT a big deal unless they are WAY out of spec. everyone wants to put in new plugs but unless yours are trashed its a waste of money, same goes for plug wires. now those that DD your RBVs you should be more particular about your maintenance and NOT follow my beliefs on repairs.

Bryan22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
94 extd
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
94 2.3
Transmission
Manual
mines a dd and i have sparks all over the place under there at night, this si why i'm replacing all that auto zone junk with oem stuff. no more electronics from autozone for me.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
Motorcraft platinums (factory spec for 2.3) are like $2.50 a pop at autozone. Or you could go to walmart and get the autolite platinums for $4.00 for a two pack. Autolite and motorcraft plugs come off the same assembly line and are the same part. Sounds like the ford dealer raped you pretty good.

mines a dd and i have sparks all over the place under there at night, this si why i'm replacing all that auto zone junk with oem stuff. no more electronics from autozone for me.
You do realize that motorcraft plugs from autozone are the EXACT same thing as motorcraft plugs from Ford, don't you?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals