• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. krazykracker

4.0 rebuild or 302 swap

Ok the truck is a 94 ex cab ranger 4.0 5spd 4x4 sas 4.88s w 39.5 radials. Nearing 200k and has a few samll oil leaks My dilemma is should I rebuild the 4.0 or 302 efi swap. ,never done a swap before dont know much about internal engine work but am mechanically inclined(done a few sas etc) 4.0...
  2. krazykracker

solid axle fullwidth 94 ex cab

94 4.0 5spd 3.73 completley stock now has 4.0v6 5spd w the 4cyl gear mod. 77 fullwidth dana 44 hp spool 5.13s.94 fullwidth 8.8 detroit locker 5.13s. extended radius arms.custom coilbuckets.f250 shock mounts.rubicon express tj springs.rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks.rear 63 in chevy/dodge bastard...
  3. krazykracker

1350 joints on rear driveshaft?

i have a fullwidth solid axle 1/2ton(44front 8.8 rear) 94 ranger 4.0 im tryin to get rid of the small weakish 1310 ujoint up top at the tcase. i have a 1330 at the axle end due to the single drive shaft swap. but now havin a new one made and would atleast like to use 1330s at both ends.1350...
  4. krazykracker

2wd trans ratios vs. 4wd ratios

i ve been tryin to find a 2.3/2.9/3.0 4x4 to get the lower1-3 gears for my 4.0 w/ no luck. my friend has a 3.0 2wd trans but he stated it feels like the have differernt ratios than the 4x4 3.0 he now has it it. so does anyone know if the 2wd 3.0 trans has the lower 1-3 gears? so i can swap...
  5. krazykracker

transmission id troubleshooting

so heres the deal i got a tranny for my 4.0 that was suppose to be outta of a 2.3 4x4 ranger to swap guts to get the lower gears,after taken the 2.3 tranny apart i compared the case to a 2.8tranny(same pattern as 4.0) i had laying around & realized both looked like the same bolt pattern,both top...
  6. krazykracker

dana 60 and 54" boggers question

seriously? a dana 30 will be fine
  7. krazykracker

spindles from a TTB to a SAS Dana 44

you can use the ttb spindles on the chevy knuckles,but the you have to have different knuckles
  8. krazykracker

long bed on xacb 94

i want to put a long bed on my extended cab 94 4x4, will the first 6 bolts in the long bed match up w/ the bolts in the frame? im planning on extending the rear frame & moving my spring hangers or inboarding my springs to match the wheel/fender.
  9. krazykracker

5speed swap on 3.0

my buddy swapped a 96 3.0 5spd in his 2000 ranger 3.0 auto,we got it running & driving fine but the motor is still tuned for the auto,it seems to have a hesitation when you hit the gas & the idle is still set for the auto,where is the computer located for a 2000 ranger that controls the...
  10. krazykracker

Fullwidth spacing options

plannin on a fullwidth SAS on my 94' ranger,wondering what would be the best option to get the coils lined up. I plan on using 79 buckets.Been researching others sas & some space the bucket out 2in w/ tubing,& ive also read a few that turned the bottom coil plate to where the coil sat further...
  11. krazykracker

08' bed on a 94'

im looking for a new bed & i noticed the newer rangers have 10 bolts in them compared to my 94s 6. does anyone know if the bolt holes will still match up w/ the older frames?
  12. krazykracker

Replacing Extended Cab Panel

My truck was recently flipped on its side and it caved in the extended cab body panel, i found a good cab with a good extended cab panel, what would be the best way to take it off of the junk yard cab and put it on my cab? EDIT: & i also didnt flop it on a wheelin trip, some stupid ass...
  13. krazykracker

78 D44 wedge problems

well the problem is there seems to be no 70s model fords & broncos left in the junkyards around here. i know you can buy new wedges from bronco graveyard but dont know of any one thats done this
  14. krazykracker

78 D44 wedge problems

can you buy those i cant find them on broncograveyard?
  15. krazykracker

78 D44 wedge problems

i acquired a d44 w/ the pressed on wedges.they guy i got them from didnt know you wernt supposed to grind down the wedges. he only ground down the drivers side rear piece to where there is a quarter size hole in the middle where the wedge use to be. i was thinking i could get a replacement...
  16. krazykracker

Lowering a 4wd?

it would actually make good sense for some who lives in snow ,you want a street truck but you need 4wd traction every once i awhile there fore a lowered 4x4 is perfect.
  17. krazykracker

Lowering a 4wd?

.yea he should be able to align his truck but he has a TTB truck though & i think if you took much more out of the bumpstops the diff would hit the crossmember if you hit a speed bump too hard i may be wrong though. if it were me id take out the stock rear block & grab a set of junkyard 4cyl...
  18. krazykracker

Lowering a 4wd?

x2... theres not much up travel b4 they hit the bumpstops you could take out the stock block in the rear to level it out.
  19. krazykracker

94 ranger xcab ''now lifted''

when it was brought home as it sits now on some 33s still have to put the explorer leaves out back,maybe put some 35s on it it when i can afford some 5.13s bought this ranger w/ the lift on it for 100$,kept the lift & leaf springs sold the tcase for 50$ & scraped the rest for 120$
  20. krazykracker

Dana 44 TTB build

so im guessing you didnt keep it fullwidth?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad