• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. ThatOneGuy

8.8 swap brake cable finishing touches

I just recently did an 8.8 swap into my 89, I used the cables from a mid 90s explorer, from the splice on the frame rail where the 2 sides are connected, the brackets and all were a direct swap. but I had to improvise a way to connect the 2 cables to the front cable
  2. ThatOneGuy

New tools you've bought recently?

Pics! i had to build the storage rack to get the space i needed. The cubby under the compressor stores my generator. Still trying to decide if i like this service cart as a welder cart not feeling it though. however I had it so I figured I'd try it out. I don't really need it if I don't find a...
  3. ThatOneGuy

New tools you've bought recently?

Can't post pics right now, but I just bought the lower 26 in tool box to match my upper box, as well as a 26 gallon air compressor, bought just to justify the plasma cutter:cool::D:p. They are stored at a buddy's house till my weekend tuesday.
  4. ThatOneGuy

What's your truck's name?

The other woman, if you have a wife or girl friend you know, this name was given by my wife to the 83, but kinda applies to the 89 too lol.
  5. ThatOneGuy

SOLD! 95 mazda b2300

Sold locally 2200$ :ROFLMAO:
  6. ThatOneGuy

Here's an odd duck, what do you think?

I love them old things
  7. ThatOneGuy

Cruise control

Perhaps it has to do with it being a manual and I noticed this on a hill in 5th gear, I'll have to do more testing
  8. ThatOneGuy

Driveline thoughts

Nope even the guy at the driveline shop was vague. But said as long as the driveline don't slam at full compression, or fall out at full flex it'll be ok. I guess my biggest thought for you is to make sure there is still plenty of spline in contact at full flex. Probably varies with use, I...
  9. ThatOneGuy

What did YOU do today?

Those will be some nice gears to have around, a ranger on 35s is quite a sight
  10. ThatOneGuy

Driveline thoughts

Just to complete this for others to see
  11. ThatOneGuy

Cruise control

Not sure where this fits so I put it here, yesterday on my way into work. To pick up the tow truck for the week. I tried the cruise control on the 89. Seams to work great however it wouldn't let me set the speed above 55. Is this a normal thing?
  12. ThatOneGuy

What did YOU do today?

Well I bought the 95 5.0 mustang yesterday, towed it straight to the detailers.funny thing is im gonna pay him almost as much as I payed for the car lol. I'll post pics once it's all clean she ain't perfect but 500$ and it runs
  13. ThatOneGuy

83 ranger box substitute

I have a decent one I could sell ya needs a little work inside the bed at the wheel wells but otherwise it's quite solid, other options would be any donor till 92 with a 7 ft bed or a flat bed can look good.
  14. ThatOneGuy

2.9 headers

Aw your not to far away. If you would like to share his contact info, I would like to inquire about cost.
  15. ThatOneGuy

What kind of shocks do I need to buy?

Get air shocks I love the way they ride
  16. ThatOneGuy

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Well just did the last thing for awhile, I drilled the hole in the rear bumper for the Schrader valve, for the air shocks. Well maybe ima do a rear diff service on Saturday. Then I'm just gonna drive her for awhile, I have other plans but I need to refill the project account. Edit I forgot I...
  17. ThatOneGuy

SOLD! 95 mazda b2300

95 Mazda b2300 2wd for sale, New clutch, and starter, great driver, burns no oil, year old oil still looks new, recent rear diff service. 2.3 5 sp. Manual. 4.10 rear gears, 4 door explorer rear leaf springs, 31-10.5-15 rear tires, 235-75-15 front tires, good runner. Comes with Bluetooth am fm...
  18. ThatOneGuy

2.9 headers

@PetroleumJunkie412
  19. ThatOneGuy

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

There And for those who said JUST remove the carrier bearing mount, wish engineers could over engineer everything like they did the metallurgy in them rivets. And I also disassembled part of the original parking brake adjuster to get this part to conect the 2 ends.
  20. ThatOneGuy

2.9 headers

Anyone know of a place that still offers headers for a 2.9. Everywhere I look online they are discontinued. Perhaps you have a set for me?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad